Who makes NON Chinese Hunting Products?

Phaseolus

WKR
+1
f.png
Seek Outside is 100% made in Grand Junction, Colorado

tdhanses

WKR
Stone Glacier is USA made according to their site.
I don’t think their materials are 100% though, same with Exo. Kifaru is the only one I know of that 100% of material and construction are from the US.

Freelance

FNG
It's such a difficult issue, I feel the same way about Chinese products and I'll add Vietnam to the list of authoritarian states with zero labor rights or free expression. The irony of typing that out on my made in China laptop does not escape me, but we can only do what we can do.

I recently bought a couple of Surefire flashlights, partly because they make a big deal about being made here. Their website states flat out: "PROUDLY AMERICAN Our products are designed and built in the USA". Well I ordered double sets of rechargeable batteries and a charger to go with the lights, all with the Surefire brand on them. MADE IN CHINA! I wrote them about it and got no response.

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
While the idea of buying U.S. made goods is a noble idea and I try when I can. I also don't limit myself either. If that was the case then the phone I use. The truck I drive the clothes and shoes I wear would need to be all thrown out. I say buy what works. Who cares where it comes from these days.

SWOHTR

WKR
Who cares where it comes from these days.

Glad that statement works for you but it doesn’t work for a lot of us. The concerns about China, nationwide, are legitimate. We get most of it from news sources, yes, and there is also the piece coming from the federal gov’t which cannot be ignored (and this is an apolitical view). State dept, DOD, and others all have valid concerns over the rising power of China. Political, military, industrial, etc they are a rising power who does not care for us. The statement of “who cares” epitomizes head-in-the-ground isolationism similar to what happened to the US pre-WWII.

I’m not saying we need to conquer China. Simply be aware and if you can make a better, more informed choice, then please do so. I have been thinking of this for a while, similar to the OP, and am glad he started the thread.

It's such a difficult issue, I feel the same way about Chinese products and I'll add Vietnam to the list of authoritarian states with zero labor rights or free expression. The irony of typing that out on my made in China laptop does not escape me, but we can only do what we can do.

I recently bought a couple of Surefire flashlights, partly because they make a big deal about being made here. Their website states flat out: "PROUDLY AMERICAN Our products are designed and built in the USA". Well I ordered double sets of rechargeable batteries and a charger to go with the lights, all with the Surefire brand on them. MADE IN CHINA! I wrote them about it and got no response.
Thanks for the responses to my Post. My decision to not purchase from an enemy who has declared to enslave or destroy us for the past fifty years is not a new thing to me and I will continue to remind anyone and everyone I can of their danger. Please keep in mind that they have already killed three quarters of a million Americans and well over FIVE Million worldwide! They are not just "our" enemy but an enemy of every country on the planet! They have also enslaved as many as two million of their own citizens to produce many of these products which all makes them much more powerful; of course. Thanks again, Walt~

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a Katabatic Flex 15 quilt and upon receiving it noticed the made-in-China tag. I promptly returned it and ordered an American-made El Coyote 10 degree. Very happy with my choice.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
Not hunting related, but a trip to Home Depot this past weekend I noticed that many of the fake Christmas trees for this year were sourced from Cambodia.

I don’t think their materials are 100% though, same with Exo. Kifaru is the only one I know of that 100% of material and construction are from the US.
Depends on the pack. The R3 is a Berry compliant frame. FWIW, Berry compliant does not necessarily equal made in the USA, but it's a pretty good standard.

Check out americangearguide.com

The owner was just on the Exo podcast. He is very pro American products so he built a website listing all kinds of stuff, not solely hunting related.
I was just going to recommend this as well. Great resource to find american made gear.

CoStick

WKR
I prefer to buy within our community and small businesses if possible. Feel that is more important. We have millions vs billions of workers, building stronger communities seems to be a better approach.

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
Glad that statement works for you but it doesn’t work for a lot of us. The concerns about China, nationwide, are legitimate. We get most of it from news sources, yes, and there is also the piece coming from the federal gov’t which cannot be ignored (and this is an apolitical view). State dept, DOD, and others all have valid concerns over the rising power of China. Political, military, industrial, etc they are a rising power who does not care for us. The statement of “who cares” epitomizes head-in-the-ground isolationism similar to what happened to the US pre-WWII.

I’m not saying we need to conquer China. Simply be aware and if you can make a better, more informed choice, then please do so. I have been thinking of this for a while, similar to the OP, and am glad he started the thread.
I understand and respect that. Like I said I try when I can. But I'm not solely committed to it. The very product you're typing this on is most likely Chinese made. I guess my thing is that if people are hardcore enough for it then throw out everything you own that is made overseas. I'm far from having my head in the ground. I'm more of a realist when it comes to geo-political problems. To each's own.

z987k

WKR

You can source just about any electronic you need from Taiwain. Which is not the CCP.
I have no issue giving money to Free China.
My laptop was made there.

Hell I'd rather buy Taiwan products than Australian at this point. Talk about a country that has fallen. For me Aussie made is just slightly above ccp made. Won't buy it. I know they don't produce all that much for export, but it's not nothing. Some specialty stuff I've found new vendors for in Europe.

Last edited: