Who makes NON Chinese Hunting Products?

Billinsd

WKR
I'm ok with made in Vietnam, India, South America, South Korea, etc.

Where are SITKA, Firstlite, Kifaru, EXOMTN, etc. made? I know many of you would like these products to made in America, and so would I, but it's not going to happen.

I really want to stop buying stuff made in China as much as possible.

Cheers.
Bill

W1bowo

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, kifaru. That's the only one that is 100 percent made in America that I am aware of.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
+1
f.png

KurtR

WKR
That's awesome, never heard of them before but it looks like some good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I dont have any yet but need some pockets and a new dog collar. Might get my son a bino harness for his birthday

bsnedeker

WKR
Stone Glacier is USA made according to their site.

I'm not trying to start a thing at all because they are great packs and it's a great company, but to be clear: they are assembled in the USA and "where applicable" they use USA made materials which probably means most of the materials are from China.

jmcd22

WKR
EXO Mtn Gear is made in Boise, ID although I am not sure where they source materials.

EDIT: First Lite is Ketchum, ID but again...not sure where the materials are sourced.

bsnedeker

WKR
EXO Mtn Gear is made in Boise, ID although I am not sure where they source materials.

EDIT: First Lite is Ketchum, ID but again...not sure where the materials are sourced.

First lite gear is not made in the USA. Some is made in Vietnam, some is from China, but none is from the US that I've ever seen. They are HQ'd in the US but all their manufacturing is overseas I believe.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
MYSTERY RANCH Military Packs are 100% USA Made. The hunting and outdoor packs are Vietnam and Philippines.

When you get into apparel, footwear, sleeping bags and tents, it is challenging to find US made (especially for the big name manufacturers, or those that private label an existing product or line).

Western Mountaineering bags and Enlightened Equipment quilts come to mind, as well as a lot of smaller cottage shelter companies, like ZPacks, Hyperlite Gear, MLD, etc. and they make some really great stuff.

jmcd22

WKR
First lite gear is not made in the USA. Some is made in Vietnam, some is from China, but none is from the US that I've ever seen. They are HQ'd in the US but all their manufacturing is overseas I believe.

I thought I had heard somewhere that they manufactured some of their stuff here but I am not surprised that it isn't true.

Does Kifaru make actual hunting clothes for the weather? I was lazy in the past but am switching to %100 American strictly out of principle going forward. I know they make quality stuff anyway.

Wapiti1

WKR
Seek Outside are made here, not sure on source of fabric and parts. Some MR packs. Most of the specialty ultralight camping and hiking gear is made in the USA by boutique companies (EE, Gossamer, Z-packs).

Sleeping Indian. Outdoor Research has a military line that is Berry compliant, but ridiculously expensive. NW Alpine is cut and sewn in Oregon, really nice stuff. Hoffman boots.

Ball and Buck. Beyond used to, not sure now. Crye Precision. Dan's Briarproof. Go Wild Camo. Silent Predator is made in Canada. XGO.

Jeremy

SoDaky

WKR
T and K has a great website.Sadly a few things are sold out but still managed to get some needed items.If you visit the site,make sure you check out the decals available.Wanted to buy them but that part of the order got vetoed by the 'Boss' who was looking over my shoulder.