Who makes the “Best” BDC reticle for hunting?

Elite

WKR
Looking for a new rifle scope. Wondering who makes the best BDC reticle? I have been looking at the swaro z3 and the leupold vx3. Wondering which one I should go with? I have swaro Binos and they are unreal clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget the BDC reticle. If you're looking at the Leupold line, they come with the CDS (Custom Dial System) turret which is custom built to your ammo at no charge. Just range your distance and turn the turret accordingly. Also, I recommend getting the duplex Firedot reticle. I have the VX-5 in this setup and love it.
cds-jpg.421418
firedot.jpg

Attachments

• cds.jpg
    cds.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 124
OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Forget the BDC reticle. If you're looking at the Leupold line, they come with the CDS (Custom Dial System) turret which is custom built to your ammo at no charge. Just range your distance and turn the turret accordingly. Also, I recommend getting the duplex Firedot reticle. I have the VX-5 in this setup and love it.
cds-jpg.421418
View attachment 421419

Thanks for the feed back, I actually have the vx3 with a cds on it for my sheep hunting gun. But looking for a easy bdc and quick shooting setup and honestly with the cds I am always worried if it actually returned to zero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It definitely returns to zero. I had my .30-06 CDS turret zeroed at 200 yards (that made it 1.72" high at 100 yds). I shot a pronghorn buck at 475 yards and then later shot a pronghorn doe at exactly 200 yards. I think I hit exactly on the hair that I was aiming at with my lowest setting/200 yards (no BS). I can't imagine me ever getting a different type of scope due to all of the positive experiences of had with them. I just picked up a VX-5 with the firedot for my .300 Win Mag. The Swaro Z3 seems too busy to me (too much going on). I like to keep things simple with just one crosshair (less room for error). Example. using the wrong crosshair. Good luck in your search.