Who runs a Weaver K6?

fpjeepy

FNG
I have one on my tc contender 300 BLK and 209x45. Now I need one for my cz 527 223. :( I love them

desertcj

WKR
I bought a K4 or K6 for my m70 featherweight 7mm-08, I cant remember now which it is. Not enough magnification for load development so I put a Bushnell 4-12 ultra HD on. I'm planning to put the fixer power Weaver back on whenever I get done messing around with different load combos.

jkingrph

FNG
Back in 1963, fresh out of high school, I wanted a scope on my Win 70 featherweight. I did not know much and was looking at a Weaver K4 when the dealer handed me a Leupold 4x. I told him to put the K4 back and we mounted the Leupold in a Weaver pivot mount, so I could use the open sights if I wanted them. Now 56 years later I still have that combo on that rifle, nothing but praise for the pivot mount. I do now have a K 4 mounted on a Savage 99EG I bought at a gun show a few years back. That particular scope has a Lee dot reticule, and is very bright and clear.

ebubedike

FNG
A Weaver K6 was the very 1st scope I ever owned! I know fixed power scopes are supposedly more rugged due to less moving parts, and lighter, but can't understand why with all the excellent modern variable scopes these days that you would prefer a fixed power scope. I'd highly prefer a decent variable with power being pretty low on bottom end for close and/or running shots with wide field of vies, going up to 12-16X on the top end. That way you'll have a very low powered scope for close range hunting or moving targets, and high power for zeroing, working up loads, accuracy testing, or long shots.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
A Weaver K6 was the very 1st scope I ever owned! I know fixed power scopes are supposedly more rugged due to less moving parts, and lighter, but can't understand why with all the excellent modern variable scopes these days that you would prefer a fixed power scope. I'd highly prefer a decent variable with power being pretty low on bottom end for close and/or running shots with wide field of vies, going up to 12-16X on the top end. That way you'll have a very low powered scope for close range hunting or moving targets, and high power for zeroing, working up loads, accuracy testing, or long shots.
r

you answered most of your own question. tougher, lighter, and less glass and less moving parts. You simply get more scope for your money.

bruceride

FNG
Just ordered a K4 from Natchez for my 7mm-08 RAR. Kinda seems like the right amount of scope for my backup rifle.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
my two arrived today. one is going to my buddy’s kid....my bud is deploying and has been gone since july. i am trying todo stuff with his boys, and this scope is going on the kid’s 22 as he has a POS bushnell that is blurrier than any scope i’ve ever seen. a true POS. bushnell ought to be ashamed.
wrote them a letter, got some b.s. reply.

so i decided it was time for the kid to have a scope worth having...picked up this and one more for use to be determined.

i can’t wait to see the look on the kid’s face.

OP
Newtosavage
Now that's it's been a few years, how's the weaver holding up? Has it ever lost it's zero since you posted this?
No issues at all. My buddy now owns that setup and he has used that Tikka/K6 combo to take antelope and a dandy Auodad sheep (at about 300 yards) so far this year. Outstanding scopes for the money.