Who snowshoes?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone on Rokslide snowshoe?

I've got a couple new sets to try out this winter, but not much snow in Colorado yet!

So who's going and what shoes are you running?

I have a set that I havent picked up yet! The mountains got some snow the last few days. Maybe get to try them out after the first of the year roles around. Oh and I have the perfect little Model 7 in .17 fireball to try out...

"fox"

Gman

WKR
I use crescent moon shoes - all I've used for last 12 years so I don't have a real broad sample but I like them quite a bit.

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Aron,
I spend a decent amount of time in snowshoes. Mostly chasing cats and keeping tabs on bulls, but I prefer the MSR lightening ascent as they're light weight and narrower profile so less tangles and also has a climbing bar. I'm going this weekend so hopefully I can send you one more bull pic.
Cody

owyheerat

FNG
I get out a little with wife and kids. But more for calling predators. Just coyotes so far, but my goal is bobcat. We don't have much snow here yet, supposed to be getting more this weekend. I use (and love) MSR EVO ascents. Like Triple mentioned, the ascent bar is nice for climbing. In my opinion, MSR shoes offer better traction, than some other designs. Plus their light and have easy to use bindings.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm going to pick up a set this year for the lake. Trudging out on top of 8 inches of snow stinks when puking a sled.

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv got the MSR lightning axis snowshoes. I prefered that binding over the ascent model when I was playing around with them in the store.

Iv used tubbs and atlas before too, but i like the MSR shoes much better, they offer much better traction. Thier binding systems are also simple and dont come loose all the time.

Now we just need some more snow!

mtnkid85

WKR
I own a pair of MSR Lightning ascents but frankly I havent used them since I got my Alpine Touring skis set up. It is SOOO much better when you can slide down hill rather than having to trudge all the time!

tater

WKR
I spend a lot of the winter on my Atlas'.
Whether it's chasing bunnies with my longbow or calling predators, it's a great way to avoid the cabin-crazies.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Older MSR Lightning shoes. Love them. I hope the snow flies on the front range so I can use them here soon! 6 or 7 years of moderate use and they have held up well. My girlfriend has the MSR ascent lightning model and she likes the heel bar for climbing. They did not have that option when I got mine.

got some crappy old tubbs style that i use a fair bit, would like to upgrade, gonna try to get out saturday for the first run of the year!

edit: outside edge brand, grizzly 930

Last edited: