Who Switched Back to 7" Brace After Trying to Hunt With 6" Brace Height?

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
Get something thats forgiving and get heavier limbs. For example, I would rather shoot a hoyt defiant at 80lbs than a hoyt defiant turbo at 70.

OR Archer

WKR
Get something thats forgiving and get heavier limbs. For example, I would rather shoot a hoyt defiant at 80lbs than a hoyt defiant turbo at 70.
Tuned and shot a custom 80# Pro Defiant Turbo the other day. It was a surprisingly smooth draw.

Brendan

WKR

I shoot these two bows side by side pretty much on a daily basis, both at 72lbs, and to be honest the draw cycle and holding weight is pretty much the same. The turbo does have a smaller valley (ok, almost nonexistent), but I'm shooting them both about the same right now. If you like to relax at full draw though and don't keep a constant pull into the wall - you'll hate a bow like the turbo.

i dont think the 6" brace height bows are gonna shoot much different then a 7 for the majority of people. Like mentioned before, the feel of the cams (typically more aggressive on shorter BH bows) will play into your shooting more then the BH. With a 27" DL i would definitely give a 6" BH bow a try at least.

For a draw length that short, your power stroke is either 20 inches or 21 inches Depending on BH.. Guys shooting a 30" draw with a 7BH still has 3 more than inches that you with a 6 BH. Buy the bow you like and throw the BH spec out the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro