Who uses 4 fletch arrows?

E-2

Lil-Rokslider
The whole weight aspect tipsntails7 just depends on the vane you choose!

For Example:

I run Vanetec 2.88 swift in a 4 fletch which comes out at approx. 29-31 gr. I used to run 3 Blazers and a 4 inch wrap which put me in the 22-24 gr. range

The whole weight aspect tipsntails7 just depends on the vane you choose!

True, running 3 3" fusions is actually heavier then running 4 2" vanetec. my point, if you dont see a gain then why bother. call me oldschool, ive tried the 4 fletch, didnt see really any gain and cannot get used to the look of it. no cock vane blows my mind ;). and im a big believer in foc for fixed blade accuracy. i like to be above 14.5% at least.

Good reasoning. I switched to 4 so I could run a lower profile vane and reduce wind drift. that combined with an injexion shaft at 423.6 grains REALLY helps me in the wind!

ST52v

WKR
How does nocking four fletch arrows any way effect the spine of the arrow? With some arrows you could be shooting with the spine up one time and down the next ect.. How would this effect accuracy at longer distances? I am assuming that some arrows are made so well there is no spine or heavy side. Correct??? Am I on the right track or am I missing something??

Terrapin

WKR
Your right. I will often use a hooter shooter and rotate nocks until all of the arrows fall into a group, or a spine tester. This basically aligns all of the spine non-conformity. The upside of symmetrical 4-fletch is you have better resolution (4 options rather than 3). The downside is if you just randomly put your arrow on the string it could be 180 degrees out. For that reason I pay special attention to the little index line on the nock. In extreme situations when I don't have time to index off of the nock (ie a follow up), I'm willing to accept the inaccuracy in favor of speed of not having to look for the cock vane.

It depends on how the a shaft is made. If you are shooting an arrow that is rolled then yes you need to pay attention to the seem. But I know that because of the building process on axis and Injexions there isn't a seem

OP
justin davis
True, running 3 3" fusions is actually heavier then running 4 2" vanetec. my point, if you dont see a gain then why bother. call me oldschool, ive tried the 4 fletch, didnt see really any gain and cannot get used to the look of it. no cock vane blows my mind ;). and im a big believer in foc for fixed blade accuracy. i like to be above 14.5% at least.

I like 4 fletch for that purpose. You can nock the arrow either way. Don't need to worry about a cock vane!

I like FOC too. My arrows are around 17% FOC I think

Come on guys? Haven't you seen some of the bombs used in the military? Do they have three or 4 fins? :)

aqu2ujab.jpg

One nice thing, if you lose a fletching you can cut off the opposite and be back in business.

I'm shooting 4 fletch this year on my Axis shafts. 4 AAE Max Hunter vanes. Haven't tried to shoot broadheads yet, still getting everything dialed in. I like the way arrows look with 4 fletch, so I figure I would give it a shot.

boom

WKR
I'm gonna try this. I like the AAE max hunters, but they are not low profile right?

I have a few torn arrows I'll quad fletch soon.