Who uses a clicker?

GregB

WKR
I've been using a clicker for the past few months and feel like it has helped with keeping my DL consistent. I've been debating whether to keep the clicker for hunting season, maybe try to silence it a bit. Or take it off a couple of weeks out and hunt without it. Curious what everyone else does.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Everyone I know that hunts with one wraps it with tape to muffle the click. Becomes more of a feel than a sound type trigger response.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
G

GregB

WKR
Everyone I know that hunts with one wraps it with tape to muffle the click. Becomes more of a feel than a sound type trigger response.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's exactly what I was thinking of doing. I was shooting today with ear plugs while my kid was shooting his rifle and didn't have any issues telling when I got to the click.

YankyMate

FNG
I shoot with my clicker up until about a month or so before the season starts. I've taken it off for the last two seasons and after 9 months of shooting with it on I feel confident about drawing the bow to anchor consistently. I know that I could tape it or put a piece of cloth on it but I'm too paranoid about noise for that.

herd90

Lil-Rokslider
I use one. Serves as a draw check also. Backyard shooter and tree stand hunter only.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I tried one...its a good idea for a guy that has in inconsistent draw length.

I went to a different strategy. I setup my arrows so my cock feather hits my nose as a secondary anchor point. My accuracy is better as it helps with my alignment also.

Plus, I don't let it fly when I hit my anchor like Fred Bear did.....sometimes I like to pull into my POA while aiming. The clicker had me wanting to let it fly- sometimes before I totally settled in.

Clickers must work for a lot of guys, a lot of the olympic shooters use them.

rwurdeman

FNG
When I first got into hunting with a traditional bow I wanted nothing to do with a clicker (my thought was it is more to worry about in the field and I didn't want that what if something happens to it floating around in the back of my mind). However, I quickly realized how beneficial they are at keeping everything consistent. After changing out the metal string that comes with it and tapping the clicker itself I have had no issues what so ever. I keep it on year-round hunting and shooting. I also pack a spare with me when I go into the field just in case.

I’ve used a clicker for years. Some like them some don’t. It’s not a cure all for all shooting problems but it helps me maintain back tension. Never had any trouble hunting with one. Just do as others have said and quiet it down with something. I use moleskin on mine.

Caleb7mm

FNG
I have fought the “long draw” symptom for years. The clicker solved it. I have mine wrapped in tape but not enough. I’m gonna wrap some more tonight and see if it gets quieter.

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
I put Velcro on the plate that mounts to the limb and the backside of the clicker. I put moleskin on the front side of the clicker. Quiets it down significantly. I generally find that I am more likely to be in an awkward position while hunting making the clicker a significant benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Caleb7mm

FNG
Took it back apart and wrapped the middle piece with black duct tape to the point where it might be to big to fit back In. Lol
Worked like a charm! No noise, only feel

sdarcher

FNG
Clicker changed my game! I was very inconsistent until I put the clicker on. I took it off last week just to see how my shot went without it. Surprisingly, things went really well. I have no desire to remove the clicker this close to the hunting season, but I may play with the idea of removing it after the season.

goph707

FNG
I use a clicker. Be careful using duct tape, electrical tape or Leuko tape on the clicker, it can get too sticky and cause the dimple on the clicker itself not to reset. I use the fuzzy side of Velcro on both sides, and on the plate makes it really quiet almost too quiet.

I use a clicker, and would recommend it to others however, I would be careful making it too quiet. I tried to make mine to where I just felt the click and it wasn't audible and in the heat of the moment with an animal in front of me, I couldn't sense it

Blakes

FNG
I have been using one for years. I use a bit of mole skin to quiet it a little but have never had an issue with an animal hearing it. I practice draw on quite a few does and fawns and never have an issue with the sound.

Love the clicker. Wrap mine in electrical tape. Works really well. I’ll load it up and then slowly feel a layer off at a time til I have the sound I want

I used one exclusively but have recently been shooting a lot with a longbow and no clicker. The clicker was a good training tool and it hasnt been very hard to ditch it and still stay consistent with my release.