Who wears Nike running shoes?

Jakerex

WKR
Weird question, but here goes.

All my life I have tried various types of running shoes, and sneakers, but always return to Nike. Nike is the only shoe that fits my feet, period. I can buy Nike running type shoes without trying them on, and they always fit.

I’ve been through numerous boot manufactures and have found some that fit ok, but none ever fit perfect. I’m always playing around with footbeds and lacing trying to achieve a great fit, but have yet to find the perfect boot.

Does anyone have feet that always fit Nike running type shoes perfectly, and also found a boot brand that fits great?

The only boot that fits me perfect is the danger mountain 600 but it’s a very light duty boot….I wouldn’t even call it a boot, it’s more like a tall tennis shoe.

I had a pair of garmont hikers many years ago that fit great, probably perfect, but bought a new pair and that fit was not there.

I typically run Asolo 520’s that work, but not perfect.
Just picked up some Salomon 4d’s. They’ll work, but not perfect.
Have a pair of older crispi insulated. Work, but not perfect.
Danner elk boots, work but not perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m similar, as a 9.5” Nike running shoe or Metcon fits like a glove. I consider my feet narrow.
you might check out boots on gohunt . Com as most boots are compared to fit in Nike by the review staff.
boots fit me differently by manufacturer and i typically size down a touch.
I have started to run in Altra primarily and use the RSM Lone Peak boot for lighter packs / distance . Even with narrow feet the Altra toe box and Neutral sole results in little to No hot spots or blisters in hilly country/ trail runs.

Similar to you guys nikes fit me as well. As far as boots that I wear I have a pair of Asolo drifters that fit me quite well for general hiking. For backpacking in the mountains I have a set of Kenetrek Mountain Extreme that I absolutely love. They took around 50 miles to break in

lonedave

WKR
Tried a couple of different shoes over the years, but from 1994 on, I've worn Nike Pegasus almost exclusively. They always fit me the best. I too, can buy a size 11.5 without trying them on and be 100% sure they will fit perfectly. I don't necessarily like Nike as a company, but I want my shoes to fit. That said, I wish I could find a boot that did as well!

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Big fan on Nike sneakers and like you said, no need to try on just order my size and good to go. Also have yet to find a perfect boot. I'm now using a two different pairs of UA boots (Infil Hike with Gortex then a non-Gortex pair I believe are called Verge). The fit and comfort (especially the Verge) is the best I've found thus far but the quality is seriously lacking. I can only get 1 season out of pair before they completely fall apart. Starting season two now with UA, I'm now on boot pairs 3 and 4.

Yes. Nike shoes have always fit me. I tried Asolo, and Crispi before finding Salewa. The Salewa Mountain Trainer Mid fit great.

Motown

WKR
I was never a Nike guy because I have a wide foot and they never offered much in wide up till a few years ago. As soon as they did I tried a pair and haven’t looked back since.

Do y'all understand boot fit?

I mean, I don't hardly wear sneakers, but I find it hard to believe you can find athletic footwear that fits you in something soft sided, yet can't find a fit in boots.

I do tend to wear wide stuff tho, so maybe something with sneakers I've never known.

grfox92

WKR
I used to wear fashionable Nikes when I was younger. Now I refuse to buy anything that company makes anymore.

I have tried their running shoes in the past to actually run with not just wear. I was never impressed, I like the running specific companies like Brooks, Hoka and Asics

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Vaultman

WKR
I used to only wear nike running shoes. Same thing. They always fit. I ran a lot in HS and College and almost always wore nikes. That was 20+ years ago and I do not run much anymore, and I found Mizuno Running fits me well, and I like the heal design... anyway I digress.
I wear a Danner Grouse mainly for elk hunting. Similar there as your Danner Elk, as it is there made in USA stuff.

I have found the shoe / boot brand that fits me the best is Lowa. If you haven't tried them, being that you and I seem to have similar shoe/boot that fits, that would be my suggestion.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Salewa
Hofmann Explorers
Lowa
Danner grouse
Kenetrek mountain extreme

These have been some of the responses so for. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Do y'all understand boot fit?

I mean, I don't hardly wear sneakers, but I find it hard to believe you can find athletic footwear that fits you in something soft sided, yet can't find a fit in boots.

I do tend to wear wide stuff tho, so maybe something with sneakers I've never known.

Yeah, I understand.

It’s strange but my feet fit nothing but Nike….I’ve tried new balance, adidas. Reebok, merrell, Ecco, UA, and on down the line, and they just don’t fit right. I think it’s something that a combination of heel and arch but can’t pinpoint one thing.

Still looking for that perfect boot.

NickL

FNG
Weird question, but here goes.

All my life I have tried various types of running shoes, and sneakers, but always return to Nike. Nike is the only shoe that fits my feet, period. I can buy Nike running type shoes without trying them on, and they always fit.

I’ve been through numerous boot manufactures and have found some that fit ok, but none ever fit perfect. I’m always playing around with footbeds and lacing trying to achieve a great fit, but have yet to find the perfect boot.

Does anyone have feet that always fit Nike running type shoes perfectly, and also found a boot brand that fits great?

The only boot that fits me perfect is the danger mountain 600 but it’s a very light duty boot….I wouldn’t even call it a boot, it’s more like a tall tennis shoe.

I had a pair of garmont hikers many years ago that fit great, probably perfect, but bought a new pair and that fit was not there.

I typically run Asolo 520’s that work, but not perfect.
Just picked up some Salomon 4d’s. They’ll work, but not perfect.
Have a pair of older crispi insulated. Work, but not perfect.
Danner elk boots, work but not perfect.

I’ve always been the same but with Rebock. Wish there was a compatability chart. Lol