Who wears Nike running shoes?

bozeman

WKR
I have been trying out Hoka Ones this year for running, but keep going back to the Zoom's........I've tried Crispi, Danner (I wear the 2650 for a trail shoe), Solomon, Keen, Merrell, but the Hoffman's are an excellent boot so far.

Edit to include: I've worn Nikes for years for running, I'm 42 and have been a runner since 15. Reeboks and Asics have been 'ok', but not as comfortable.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, except sketchers are my match. The Solomons I just sold ya were an exception until I had three foot injuries (not from the boots) and gained weight then they just weren’t the same. In general I will be in some kind of shoe vs boot as much as possible. Maybe I have weird feet but most shoes and boots don’t seem to even be anatomically correct for humans.

Brooks makes a darn nice running shoe.

My feet seem to be more narrow and slim than a normal size 9.5 foot, for running shoes I wear Nike wild horse 7s with an insole. I really like the way North Face hedgehog hiking boots fit but they don't last me very long (their previous version were awesome but the new ones their durability is awful). I recently just picked up some Crispi guides they were the best fitting boot I found that I was able to try on near me. Since I am still breaking them in I can already tell I will need a thicker insole but overall they seem to be the ticket.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Yes, except sketchers are my match. The Solomons I just sold ya were an exception until I had three foot injuries (not from the boots) and gained weight then they just weren’t the same. In general I will be in some kind of shoe vs boot as much as possible. Maybe I have weird feet but most shoes and boots don’t seem to even be anatomically correct for humans.

Brooks makes a darn nice running shoe.

Hahaha. I was hoping the Solomons would be it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sodak

FNG
Nike Pegasus almost exclusively for the past 10 years. Before then I’ve bounced between them and ASICS, Brooks, New Balance, and a few others. I don’t know if it’s my running style or my pea sized brain thinking about stuff too much but Nike is my go to.

As far as boots go I’m using schnees. Tried Meindle, Kennetrek, Danner, Solomon, Vasque, and Crispi.

My foot size is usually a 11.5 E in boots.

muchach0

Lil-Rokslider
Nike is probably the only shoe that fits me well especially with my high arches

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Like others here, Nike will never see another dollar of mine. Any time a company goes hyper-political (particularly supporting anti-American nonsense) they get shit-canned from my home. For people looking for a solid alternative, I recommend going to a store that specializes in fit and that will actually measure your foot. I've yet to find a really solid formula for estimating boot fit based on running shoe fit but maybe some have. Feet are so unique that I think the best way to go is to get a custom sizing done if that's a possibility.

I have the exact problem. Nikes fit perfect and had trouble finding boots. I will say that I just got a pair of Merrell nova 2 shoes and they fit like those and seem to wear better. Extremely comfortable. But as far as boots, kenetrek mountain extremes fit me fairly well. If they made them in 12.5 I think they would be perfect. I also just got some crispi laponnias, they aren’t made to be as stiff, but they fit my feet very well.

For me (Nike wearer) Meindls, Zamberlan and Salewa. Kennetreks fit great too but have too much flex for high Mtn off camber terrain use IMO.

Nike could give me a daily foot massage and my toes a happy ending and I wouldn't buy them or wear them. YMMV.
same here....

for light/fast hunting, i lived in zamberlan Salathe gtx in Sept, and most of Oct until there was a lot of standing water around... bad ass boots for that niche, very comfortable, and ride that line of being able to make a quiet stalk and sure footedness, and are in great shape with 400-ish miles on them so far, and totally dry still... even pouring rain all day, with gaiters, my feet stay dry.... super impressed for a flexible boot that is more shoe like than boot like... if they make a taller version, it will be what i wear in the woods all year 90% of the time

Nike is garbage as a brand (lets be honest, most outdoor/ athletic companies these days are) but I admit that their Terra Kiger is one of the finest trail shoes I’ve ever worn. If you like the fit of Nike, check out their SFB (special field boot) line. They were originally designed for military use and are essentially tall, leather trail shoes.

I really love my La Sportiva TX4 mid. I prefer a responsive, soft boot that edges well and these are awesome. Built as a mid-height approach shoe, these have a generous toe box and climbing lacing for precise fit. I love these boots for moving fast and stalking. SIZE UP. I wear an 11-11.5 in street shoes and wear a 45.5 eu (12 ish) and could definitely even go to a 46. All La Sportiva run small.

BigDog00

WKR
Nikes fit my feet (I only wear Brooks now) and I’ve had good luck with Lowa boots. I really like the Ticam.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Every time o try in nike I wonder whose feet they fit lol my feet don’t like them and seem to turn the opposite way of the shape of Nikes, only ones I have that work are the next% 🤷‍♂️ They’re not perfect but feel good

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
I wanted to follow up on this conversation. I’m the author. I’ve tried a lot of boots since this thread and finally found the one…..Crispi Briksdal. Thanks all

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted to follow up on this conversation. I’m the author. I’ve tried a lot of boots since this thread and finally found the one…..Crispi Briksdal. Thanks all

Did you also try the Nevada? I'm on the fence with those choices.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Did you also try the Nevada? I'm on the fence with those choices.

I did not. Sorry man. I read somewhere that the briksdal would fit narrow like the Asolo 520 and fugitive, and it most certainly does.