Who would you hunt with?

gabenzeke

WKR
John Colter. But only if we could go in his era, my equipment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

lak2004

WKR
To those that said Teddy Roosevelt, I ask, why? He is a conservation icon and I am by no means looking to cancel him, but have you read accounts of his hunts?

Dude would roll into a basin with his gaggle of packers and cooks and skinners and trackers and stack bodies like they were poker chips. I suspect he had an ego that would stack more Insta likes than Tits Mcgee Huntress were he alive in the validation age. But he is certainly famous.

It was just a different time that we can't relate to, and I'm not sure my modern sensibilities would want to. I appreciate what he means to public lands, but he doesn't make my first cut.
I would say for his reflection capabilities and progression to conservation versus exploitation.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sapcut

WKR
So called famous people, maybe Bo Jackson? His athlete days were a little before my time but he seems like an interesting and genuine fella.
I was at Auburn a few years after Bo. One day we were running 40s in the indoor practice facility when Bo walked in. He said Alright who wants to race? I want to race the fastest one here. I don’t remember anyone jumping to the front with their hand up. I was fairly confident my 4.5 was light years slower than his 4.2.

If you could hunt with any historical/famous person (maybe excluding already famous outdoorsman) who would it be and why?

I would hunt with general Patton. Why? Well bc tanks.

I might add I would never hunt with Dick Chaney for obvious reasons(sorry boys beat everyone out for that joke.
Randy Newburgh
If you could hunt with any historical/famous person (maybe excluding already famous outdoorsman) who would it be and why?

I would hunt with general Patton. Why? Well bc tanks.

I might add I would never hunt with Dick Chaney for obvious reasons(sorry boys beat everyone out for that joke.
Randy Newberg, seems like a good guy and the cool grandpa everyone probably hopes for!

WCB

WKR
To those that said Teddy Roosevelt, I ask, why? He is a conservation icon and I am by no means looking to cancel him, but have you read accounts of his hunts?

Dude would roll into a basin with his gaggle of packers and cooks and skinners and trackers and stack bodies like they were poker chips. I suspect he had an ego that would stack more Insta likes than Tits Mcgee Huntress were he alive in the validation age. But he is certainly famous.

It was just a different time that we can't relate to, and I'm not sure my modern sensibilities would want to. I appreciate what he means to public lands, but he doesn't make my first cut.
It was a different time that is basically how "hunting trips" back then went. Even when they weren't shooting everything not everything was utilized even by Native Americans like everyone thinks. If he had an Ego seems he could also back it up so I take that into account. Plus it would be interesting to pick his brain.

Guys think Jack O'Connor was some great hunter. Dude had a target rich environment and by all accounts was a horrible shot that laid waste to tons of sheep just to do it.

If we are allowed to hunt in their time Lewis and Clarke, any Plains tribe (buffalo jump or horse back Buff hunt), Roosevelt, and I'll get jumped on for this one but George Armstrong Custer.

Last edited: