Who would you hunt with?

Jeremiah Johnson, no question. In his time and place. “Won’t he see my feet? Elk don’t know how many feet a horse has!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troutnut

FNG
If I could bridge any time and language gap, I'd love to go back and hunt with one of the people who hunted the greater Yellowstone ecosystem after the bow & arrow replaced the atlatl but before Europeans introduced the horse. Imagine what those guys knew about finding and getting close to animals.

Button

WKR
Definitely Richard Evans Schultes in the Amazon. He could identify every plant we walk by and all it’s uses. Many indigenous tribes embraced him. They would be fun to hunt with, blow darts tipped with curare.

Definitely some good ones on here!

Real life:
Either of my grandfathers and my dad. Didn't get to spend too much time with my dad's dad or my own father for that matter. Mom's dad and I hunted quite a bit. He's been gone almost a year and I deer hunted after his funeral. Miss them all tremendously and would give anything for one more opportunity with any of them.

Looking forward to hunting with my daughter when she's old enough and my soon to be born son!

Famous person:
So many good ones already listed!
- Patton as the OP would be really interesting. Game species: the Germans of course, dreaming of the Russians.
- Capstick in Africa. Elephants or Cape Buffalo up close and personal
- Colonel Richard Meinertzhagen, good read by Capstick. Anything in Africa, including WW1 Germans
- Hugh Glass for Elk or any Plains game
- Fred Bear--> anything
- Eva Shockey for beaver trapping

Drenalin

WKR
For sure my dad. We’d been talking about him getting back into hunting the past year or so, then he lost his vision a few months ago.

Historic, Frank Glaser.

In no specific order:
Chuck Adams
Fred Bear
Ted Nugent
Hank Williams Jr.
Blake Shelton
Teddy Roosevelt
Wyatt Earp
Randy Newberg
Michael Waddell
Will Primos
Steve Rinella
Joe Rogan

Any on this list can contact me for a hunt of a lifetime!!

Buck197

WKR
If you could hunt with any historical/famous person (maybe excluding already famous outdoorsman) who would it be and why?

I would hunt with general Patton. Why? Well bc tanks.

I might add I would never hunt with Dick Chaney for obvious reasons(sorry boys beat everyone out for that joke.
Hahaha Cheney..whats wrong afraid of a little bird shot?
My father, he may not be famous to you boys, but he was pretty well known where I'm from in S.E. Oklahoma. The last time I saw my dad before he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma cancer, which killed him, was in deer camp in 1998..Just 1 more hunt with daddy and I'd be proud to hang it up if I could just have that.

In his time, in Africa, would have been a sight to behold. It was a different time. Its hard to judge the past by present standards.
I can judge him for his self admission of wounding several animals, including elephants, and not even making an attempt to follow up. Just because he didn't really feel like it. If you doubt me read African Game Trails.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Bighorner

WKR
I can judge him for his self admission of wounding several animals, including elephants, and not even making an attempt to follow up. Just because he didn't really feel like it. If you doubt me read African Game Trails.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
I'll have to check it out.