Whoop Strap

Anyone use one? If so how do you like it and how true does the waterproof aspect of it hold?

Kind of expensive to just throw caution to the wind and try it.

Owens

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Whoop for a year. Interesting data and insight into recovery for sure. But at the same time, it kind of tells you what you already know. Drink beer/alcohol your recovery sucks. Get more/better quality sleep your recovery is better. They did have some interesting correlations around COVID and respiratory rate. They essentially showed a spike in respiratory rate days before other COVID symptoms appeared. I didn't get COVID or any other illness while I had it though so no personal experience there. I also didn't really follow the workout/daily strain recommendations. I work an 8-5, so no matter what the device says, my long run is on the weekend. I can see a potential benefit for top level athletes who are splitting hairs for micro improvements in their performance. But for me, it confirmed what I kind of knew and didn't really change any behaviors. So I didn't renew the subscription.

amassi

WKR
It wont tell you anything you dont already know other than maybe sleep performance. I stopped the subscription when my son was born as it kept telling me I needed to sleep more.
Mine was waterproof as I swam and fished with it quite a bit
The wrist strap gets in the way with kettlebells

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Anyone use one? If so how do you like it and how true does the waterproof aspect of it hold?

Kind of expensive to just throw caution to the wind and try it.
Cant go wrong with a Garmin, tell you everything a whoop will for the upfront cost. Plus you can use it during hunting season. Tracking sleep is a great tool.

hintzy56

FNG
Look into an Oura ring. Less intrusive than the whoop and gets your hrv, sleep, etc

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Look into an Oura ring. Less intrusive than the whoop and gets your hrv, sleep, etc
Any updates from folks, especially on the Whoop vs. Oura? I learned about the Oura ring from the Peter Attia site/podcasts, but I've also come across some pretty bad reviews, especially on the Oura CS.

DuckDogDr

WKR
I know several people getting the Oura. I am curious as to how bad my sleep actually is .. probably throw the ring into a short circuit..in barely get 4 hours of sleep a day … and work 6-7 days a week…
Big changes though coming November so would be curious To see progression

I’m worried it’ll be an expensive 2-3 month gimmicky thing

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I ended up passing on the Oura due to (perhaps paranoid) fears of a ring accident. The sleep app on my Garmin is somewhat helpful

WoodBow

WKR
I had a whoop until i lost the charging battery. Device seemed to work well and i never took ot off. I hate subscription based services. The bleeding never stops. Bought a garmin instinct for less than 6 month cost of whoop and it does all of the same things and more for no monthly fee.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lannyw