Who's actually killed a charging bear?

Question, if you guys were choosing between a Ruger super Blackhawk in 44 mag versus a Glock 21 45 ACP for defense in bear woods, which would you go with?
Which one can you draw, aim and get a first-round CNS hit on in the shortest amount of time? Now imagine doing it while you are unaware and an unknown target charges you from an unknown direction from an unknown distance but the same target can cover 15-17 yards in one second.

Pretty sobering. Thankfully we can practice and change holsters/slings as well as positions to reduce our draw/aim/shoot times.

Cyril

FNG
That is without a doubt the Glock. Super blackhawk simply isn't made for that.

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
i had to put a sow grizz down last year at 30 yards, was scouting for my wifes goat draw and started hitting some elk sign, didnt really intend on hunting that day, i had my 6 month old lab and my 9 year old rotty with, but i blew some cow calls and low and behold the sow came in with cubs in tow, seen her at 50 yards and started yelling at her and she started charging, shot her with my 7mm mag at 30 yards when she was jumping over some deadfall and she rolled and started moaning, scooped up my dogs and got outta there in case she got up again and i had trouble with her and my dogs. Nothing i care for doing again!

Last edited:

FlyGuy

WKR
It’s faster than a sling. It’s quick to get ready to shoot

IMO, with some practice you can get a rifle out of a gun bearer and shouldered in about the exact amount of time it would take to draw a pistol from a hip or chest holster and get it leveled. But I imagine you could still get a shot off faster with a pistol if you shoot from the hip without extending it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro