Who’s Boun It In 2022?

jingalls

Lil-Rokslider
So blessed to get a spot with a transporter! Did my first drop camp bow hunt in 2020 with the Chinese Flu raging! That was such a mess getting into Alaska we didn’t even try for 2021. Shocked we got in for 2022. Feels like we won the lottery! Who else has booked for Bou?

My wife and I have a trip booked with Ram air next year in September. We are really excited. Gonna check a lot of boxes for us. Get a chance to see some of Alaska, fish, hunt, and just be us two alike on the tundra. We can’t wait. Starting January I’ll start preparing logistics and finalizing gear. We are taking our own but we should do fine with the stuff we use in Colorado. I upgraded to a black label Helliberg tent. Still need a few other items and a few pieces of clothing (mainly for her). Hopefully we have a trip of a lifetime and I can get her on a bull worth mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

jingalls

Lil-Rokslider
That’s awesome! Wish I could get my wife to do the hunting thing. Fishing, hiking and camping are her limits. You are blessed man!

Horby

FNG
Yes, we are booked but not until September of 2023. Probably early but working on logistics, and have so many questions. As time progresses I'll surely be asking those questions here.

Because people in hope really need that federal tag to survive. Trollin trollin trollin. Put in for the unit 13 tag just for fun. If I get it cool. If not going to go moose hunting and deer hunting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sourdough

WKR
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Because people in hope really need that federal tag to survive. Trollin trollin trollin. Put in for the unit 13 tag just for fun. If I get it cool. If not going to go moose hunting and deer hunting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You are "Misleading" the members of this forum, implying that "These FEDERAL SUBSISTENCE RIGHTS" have anything what so ever to do with "NEED".

We are granted these rights simply by virtue of residing in this location. Has zero to do with income, or lifestyle.

I would invite members to learn about these Hunting/Fishing/Trapping rights.

Sourdough

WKR
Don’t feed the troll.

Notice to members. Many like "thinhorn_AK" are upset, and jealous of people who are smart enough to retire and reside in locations with special Hunting/Fishing/Trapping rights.

I would invite anyone considering moving to Alaska to educate themselves about these unique locations.

Yes........even current Alaska residents, would receive these rights if they were willing to reside in some of the most beautiful and "bountiful" locations in Alaska. Some would rather piss and moan and cry like Special Snowflakes.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Notice to members. Many like "thinhorn_AK" are upset, and jealous of people who are smart enough to retire and reside in locations with special Hunting/Fishing/Trapping rights.

I would invite anyone considering moving to Alaska to educate themselves about these unique locations.

Yes........even current Alaska residents, would receive these rights if they were willing to reside in some of the most beautiful and "bountiful" locations in Alaska. Some would rather piss and moan and cry like Special Snowflakes.

What? I do live in a place that has special hunting and trapping rights. All my hunts are DIY. The difference is I don’t think I’m better than other people for it.

Sourdough

WKR
What? I do live in a place that has special hunting and trapping rights. All my hunts are DIY. The difference is I don’t think I’m better than other people for it.
Glad you reside where you get "FEDERAL SUBSISTENCE HUNTING/FISHING/TRAPPING RIGHTS". By the way, there is no person in this area who thinks "THEY" are special. We do appreciate the "SPECIAL" rights. But it is the "rights that are special", and not anyone who lives here. We respect and appreciate that these rights, which are granted based on the lifestyle of those who resided in this area long-long ago. Personally I consider it a "gift".

Last edited:
OP
J

jingalls

Lil-Rokslider
Ok guys! How about we keep this thread fun…and in the interest of the Christmas season, civil. Merry Christmas “EVERYONE” ! And let’s hear about your upcoming Bou hunt!!!

I'm pretty stoked to make my first run at them in September, even if our tundra dwelling friends get us confined to the river corridors.

Downside is that it will be my first time missing the elk rut since I moved west several years ago.

OP
J

jingalls

Lil-Rokslider
LWA, when are you going? We transport out on the 16th. Didn’t want to miss any of Montana elk season!

LWA, when are you going? We transport out on the 16th. Didn’t want to miss any of Montana elk season!
We're scheduled to be in the field the September 17-25.

I'm looking at it as an excuse to try to shoot a bull elk with a rifle for a change. Maybe pick up a cow or bear tag and hunt Labor Day...

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
Going with RAM in September 2022. Taking a newbie with us this time. He's NYC born and bred but he's a gamer and can shoot lights out. It will be fun introducing him to wilderness hunting. Between myself and my partner Birchie, we should be able to show him the trip of a lifetime. We can't wait.

That’s awesome! Wish I could get my wife to do the hunting thing. Fishing, hiking and camping are her limits. You are blessed man!

Thank you!
This is her Colorado bull she got this year. We did a National bikini show in July and then Colorado elk in September. Truly blessed to be married to my best friend and the only person that I truly love hunting with!

36e444fc91c63811278ffe0679c3c751.jpg

1f1fd77fba6476f7b73cf838b45b20b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk