Who’s doing Kodiak 2021

Catchfish

WKR
Just wondering who did kodiak already or who is headed there still this year. Would like to hear some hunt updates from different sides of the island. Throwing together a last minute trip for December.

OP
C

Catchfish

WKR
We are going to try and hunt down the east side of the island, looks like we have a mooring buoy to go set in Ugak bay, also going to try and tag my emperor goose while I’m there.

TravKatQ

WKR
Heading to Larsen Bay the 28th! Can’t wait. Went a few years ago thanksgiving week and seemed like the rut was tapering off already so hoping to hit it little earlier this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacktailaddiction

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting out of old harbor last week of October. Leave in less than 2 weeks! How are the deer numbers of those who have gone so far?

Drop hunt on the south end Oct 24th - Nov 2nd... getting pretty excited...
I'd love to here how others have been doing.

Good luck all, I grew up on the island and one thing is for certain if you have gear that can survive Kodiak it will survive anywhere in any condition. I can say this without question my last couple visits I have seen more bears than deer. I typically fish the road system with the occasional trip out to saltry cove.

RNhuntAK

FNG
Heading from the mainland Alaska to Kodiak tomorrow. Wife has a bear tag. With any luck we'll have a day or two of decent weather lol. With even more luck we'll find a nice bear and maybe some deer. Good luck to all and be safe. God bless!

Last edited:

ppwack02

Lil-Rokslider
Heading from the mainland to Kodiak tomorrow. Wife has a bear tag. With any luck we'll have a day or two of decent weather lol. With even more luck we'll find a nice bear and maybe some deer. Good luck to all and be safe. God bless!
Same here headed to Kodiak tomorrow with my bear tag. At this point just hoping for descent weather.

ppwack02

Lil-Rokslider
What side of the island is your bear tag for? North South East or West? We are North
DB218 is the tag. Kind of in the middle I guess. Hoping we can get out with Roland on Saturday. Picked up a goose and some goat tags just in case.

RNhuntAK

FNG
DB218 is the tag. Kind of in the middle I guess. Hoping we can get out with Roland on Saturday. Picked up a goose and some goat tags just in case.
Yeah you'll be to the south of us. We will also be flying with Roland. Are you scheduled out with him on the 23rd?....obviously weather dependant. 23rd is our planned departure in the beaver

ppwack02

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah you'll be to the south of us. We will also be flying with Roland. Are you scheduled out with him on the 23rd?....obviously weather dependant. 23rd is our planned departure in the beaver
Yup we're flying out at 1430 pending weather with Roland. Flying out of anchorage at 0930 tomorrow. Talked to Joe today and she said weather has been bad the last few weeks. Hoping we both make it out. If you happen to be at the airport in the morning I'll have a orange catchin deers hat on. It would be cool to shoot the shit with ya. I was on afognak a few weeks ago and we were weathered out a few days. It was worth it though helped my buddy get a nice elk. Didn't see any deer but saw a boar I'd love to take. Hoping we find a big bastard this trip.

Attachments

• IMG_20211003_130751_436.jpg
    IMG_20211003_130751_436.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20211003_130855_758.jpg
    IMG_20211003_130855_758.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 99
Yup we're flying out at 1430 pending weather with Roland. Flying out of anchorage at 0930 tomorrow. Talked to Joe today and she said weather has been bad the last few weeks. Hoping we both make it out. If you happen to be at the airport in the morning I'll have a orange catchin deers hat on. It would be cool to shoot the shit with ya. I was on afognak a few weeks ago and we were weathered out a few days. It was worth it though helped my buddy get a nice elk. Didn't see any deer but saw a boar I'd love to take. Hoping we find a big bastard this trip.
Did you guys make it? We fly out Monday with Rowland...