Who's from WI, where at?

TX_Diver

WKR
Old thread, but I'm near Janesville/Beloit if you guys get out shooting or anything post lockdown. Cheers

Live just outside Madison, grew up in the Upper Peninsula just over the border in Menominee. Very old thread but I'm amazed how many folks I've seen who either live or have lived in Wisconsin on Rokslide, pretty cool. The state has a rich hunting tradition that is for sure.

TX_Diver

WKR
On an elk hunt in NM I ended up in a camp with 2 guys from WI. Just outside of Madison. Now a few years later I live an hour from them... Small world.

rjw4

FNG
Grew up in the small town of Rio about 45 minutes north of Madison. Does anyone have their western hunts planned this year, or is the economy putting a halt to people's plans?

Grew up in the small town of Rio about 45 minutes north of Madison. Does anyone have their western hunts planned this year, or is the economy putting a halt to people's plans?
Currently still banking on my initial western hunt plans but have Plan B, C, and D in the works if things don't improve here shortly. Put in for a few low draw probability hunts hoping that the current global pandemic helps improve those odds for this year but everyone else is probably thinking the same way.

rjw4

FNG
Currently still banking on my initial western hunt plans but have Plan B, C, and D in the works if things don't improve here shortly. Put in for a few low draw probability hunts hoping that the current global pandemic helps improve those odds for this year but everyone else is probably thinking the same way.
My brother and I got lucky enough to get a highly coveted archery elk tag in SE Idaho and we are in the New Mexico draw but were not holding our on that.

standard_lengthy

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody interested, I’ll be going to the trad soot and the October shoot! I shoot both trad and compound so, let’s jam!

Attachments

• 164AE0EB-9CF5-45D4-B01B-1A19FF38B70A.png
    164AE0EB-9CF5-45D4-B01B-1A19FF38B70A.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 21

TX_Diver

WKR
Anybody interested, I’ll be going to the trad soot and the October shoot! I shoot both trad and compound so, let’s jam!

I've hit up some of the local shoots here and near Rockford. I'd like to go to the R100 in sparta if it doesn't overlap with a hunt again this year. Anyone go to that?

Live in Columbus, and buddy and I are still planning on the first week and half of the Colorado archery season. This will be our second time out. Last year was educational. The hard work we put in was rewarded with several OTC opportunities that just didn't pan out. This year will be different.

I am thinking their will be a much less OTC presence this year. Peoples priorities will be changed.

Wife doesn't think my priorities are on par with the dust being drummed up by the media, but what the heck!

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
Old thread, but I don't think I've seen it.

I live in oak creek, just south of Milwaukee. Hunted Colorado last year, was educational and decided to apply for Montana this year.

Anyone know of any good areas still open in the southern part of the state? Was starting to do some long hikes with the pack, but the shutdown order made it tough in my area. All the hilly areas closed within two hours drive, at least the ones I know.

standard_lengthy

Lil-Rokslider
Old thread, but I don't think I've seen it.

I live in oak creek, just south of Milwaukee. Hunted Colorado last year, was educational and decided to apply for Montana this year.

Anyone know of any good areas still open in the southern part of the state? Was starting to do some long hikes with the pack, but the shutdown order made it tough in my area. All the hilly areas closed within two hours drive, at least the ones I know.
The ice age trail and several others are still open. If you want to bushwhack, say you’re, “ turkey hunting” or “ scouting “😉