Who's going Mt. Lion hunting w/out dogs this year?

Have a familyMember who called one in and killed it while coyote hunting once.

Also have a friend who has called in a few and killed them. He uses a deer Fawn decoy

Rainyday

FNG
He cached the carcass of my elk between loads. I snuck in a week later and he was bedded down next to the cached carcass.
Off topic but Ive never seen a rack over the front tire of a mountain bike. Did you buy a rack specific for the front tire or will any standard rack mount there?

Rear rack with some slight mods to fit on backwards. My local bike shop did it. Been great.

Attachments

• 20161011_090946.jpg
    20161011_090946.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20160813_195138.jpg
    20160813_195138.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 53

Rainyday

FNG
Rear rack with some slight mods to fit on backwards. My local bike shop did it. Been great.
That looks like a killer set up. My bike has front suspension but it can be locked. Can you think of any reason why a rack wouldn’t work?

That looks like a killer set up. My bike has front suspension but it can be locked. Can you think of any reason why a rack wouldn’t work?
I doubt your suspension fork has the attachments for the rack. You might look into a handlebar roll used for bikepacking. Revelate designs and other companies make them. Bikepacking gear has come a long ways in a couple of years.

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
I have the rain shadow sounds on my foxpro and am hoping to try them out this year. There have been a few around the property lately.
Second rain shadow

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Utah has a spot and stalk tag now. I think I will buy one and go looking for tracks after fresh snow to follow.

With all other seasons closed for me sans fall bear, I’ve spent some time calling and looking for cats. Gives me excuse to hike around with a rifle anyhow.

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
My tactic last year was simple. I was sitting in a deer stand and a young male comes walking down deer trail in front of my stand! 15 yard shot with my bow.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
In or out of the hills?

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Out of the hills. Near St. Onge.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
Nice work. I always keep my tag with me for the year but have yet to have such luck as yours haha. Solid

dogkilr

FNG
I have a Utah Spot and Stalk tag. And I handcall with fawn distress. Our deer hunting area is a migration super highway and the cats move with the deer. I call on the winter range also.

I call for coyotes and hope that a cat comes in. I have access to some private property that has lots of cats but they closed that unit due to unit limit being reached.

I know its crazy but i get a little paranoid when i start coyote calling before the sun comes up because of all the lions around here.

I would eventually like to get some hounds for hunting them.