Who's going to be the first hunting 'celebrity' or Youtube personality to put their foot down and stop using cellular cameras?

Big_wals

Lil-Rokslider
Like them or not, use them or not doesn’t it come down to two things?

1. Have game harvest numbers increased due to cell cams to a level where it is harming the herd populations quantity, health, or quality?
2. Is it harming others ability to enjoy the woods and hunting?

A ton of technology is used today compared to 100, 50, 20, 10, even 5 years ago. Where do you draw the line? It’s already been said several times, will you give up your optics (scopes, binos, spotters), range finders, compound bows, smokeless powder, long range hunting equipment and components, anything that helps you shoot an animal over 200 yards, cooking fuel canisters, technical clothing and gear, motorized vehicles of any sort (e.g. boat, snowmobile), never go on the internet again to gain any information about hunting etc etc etc. An uncountable number of things have been developed over the decades to aid us and make hunting easier. The vast majority of them don’t require a screen or a battery. If it is not harming game and not interfering with other hunters ability to enjoy a hunt then it probably should be left alone.
Well said.

I use cell cams because I am hour and half away from property that myself and family own. It saves on fuel, cuts down on scent/disturbance in the woods and can help identify poachers/trespassers if we have them. If it is legal means in your state then I have no problem with. If you don't want to hunt with same weapon or technology as someone else then you do you. But from over 2 months of having protein in a gravity feeder on property here in Mississippi the 2 mature bucks that have been showing up so random even under cover of darkness which is when all but one set of pictures right at daybreak have been taken that those cameras may let me know they are there but definitely not going to be the leading factor of me getting a chance to launch an arrow at one of them!

I run them, but don't necessarily view them for real time info. To save batteries they only upload once a day. I do think some people use them more for real time info. Have had buddies not go into stands because there are deer on camera in front of them. If legal I am not against it, but see how someone could argue against that. I believe many regulations prohibit transmitting location of game with electronic communication. In some ways I could see how some folks could think that would prohibit real time photos from cell cams.

cjp584

FNG
Eh someone else doesn't have to like them or use them. But are times my schedule hits 80+ hours. One less thing I have to do.

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think they're an issue for scouting and seeing what's around, but something rubs me the wrong way about people using them for real time information while they're actively hunting a property. I don't think a significant percentage of people do that, but for the ones who do I'm not a fan.