Who's hunting moose this year?

bowuntr

WKR
Anyone else? Me and my partner will be hunting DIY in Alaska this September. A lake drop camp with 40 Mile Air. Cant wait.... Ed F

15 day float trip in the South Brooks, gonna try caribou while were at it.
Wright Air,
Going crazy waiting....

Floorguy

WKR
My buddy drew an antler less tag so I am doing that with him up near Fairbanks in an area where general season moose is one bull no antler restriction.

VernAK

WKR
Ed F,

The winter is good....enough snow for moisture but not enough to harm moose.
Wolf hunting and trapping are in progress and that helps but those critters return rapidly.
Let's hope we don't get last fall's wind storms.

Vern

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We will, hopefully... Regular season may be kind of tight around sheep hunts. But Luke's mom drew a late season cow tag, so hopefully we can be there to watch her knock one over if nothing else! Getting super excited for all our fall hunts, the planning is in full force at ourhouse these days!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Moose have lately the past couple years been secondary to sheep hunting for me. After being part of 50+ moose falling over the allure of sheep is more appealing.....until I get too old to climb up the hillls, then moose might become the priority again...or if our freezer ever goes empty. You can one of just about every other species in the state (aside from elk and bison) and still end up with hte same amount of meat as a mature bull moose .:D

magpie

Banned
I need to get a moose this year as I have 3 other mouths to feed and sheep meat doesn't last long enough ;)

OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
Luke and Becca... you make me sick... Ha ha, I guess I will have to live through your adventures... Good luck to everyone. Ed F

Manosteel

WKR
I hunt yearly for moose. It's a family staple at the dinner table for the family. Luckily in Albert most of the northern and mountainous parts are still OTC tags for archery.

bobhunts

WKR
I and two friends will be doing a drop camp with Papa Bear Adventures this September. The 14th thru the 28th. Wish me luck as I cannot afford the guided thing. Bob.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I hope this is my year but the odds are not in my favor.

My buddy is trying to burn his points this year for Shiras. That will be an awesome trip.

I've got 7 till I hit the road and 16 till the raft hits the water. I have packed and repacked 3 times :)
Good luck guys!