who's hunting suppressed?

TexAg08

FNG
Running a Tikka T3x 300WSM cut to 20” with a Crux Ark30. Shoots smoother than my AR10 in 308.

Love shooting a can for squirrels with this. 16.5" Pac-Lite barrel. 4X fixed Russian scope with vertical post reticle (similar to Trijicon Accupoint reticle but all black). Super fast acquisition and hole through hole accuracy with this setup. Lots of shots, so nice to have an almost laughably quiet report at each shot. For big game I have never had to shoot twice so haven't bothered. But your thread has me thinking about it again. Would be nice at our private range to have a quieter rifle (for my and my shooting buddy's ears...we don't have any neighbors).

10-22.jpg

Waiting on a .22 cal can to come in to run on my Howa .223. 20" barrel, will be used for coyotes and maybe run solids in it for whitetail does. It's only been 9 months so far.....

Sako76

WKR
I'm jealous, I can't have one in the Communist State of New Jersey. I agree with 30338, they should be available to anyone who can pass a NICS check!

cgasner1

WKR
I hunt with a tikka 300 wsm cut down to 18 inches with a rugged micro 30. its not the quietest can but it has taken some abuse, takes the bite off, and smooths out the recoil. the micro 30 is light and can be configured shorter if need be from 7 inches to 5 inches. I always use sound gear insta-fit earbuds while hunting but never shoot unsurpassed anymore. Supressed rifles are a game changer if you need to take a second shot. I have 11 tax stamps and enjoy each one. I have to use them for work so I can justify the expense.

What are you shootings at what velocity with the 18” I’m thinking about cutting mine down also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0uTkAsT

FNG
I hunt suppressed with my rimfires for small game and on my ARs for coyote, but ended up removing the can from my go-to big game rifles due to the weight and unbalanced nature.

My shortest and lightest centerfire can is a Dead Air Sandman-K, and with the mount and everything it's still a 1lb addition to the front of the rifle which is just not ideal on a 7lb rifle.

Personally, I'd rather deal with ear pro than a suppressor for backpack hunts. Someday I would like to get a dedicated aluminum or titanium direct thread can specifically for big game hunting, but I don't see myself using one again until that time comes.

parshal

WKR
The recoil on the win mag is still definitely there. The suppressor doesn't tame it near as good as a good brake but it does help quite a bit. ... Having the extra 6" on the end of a 26" barrel is just too dang much for packing.

The above has been my experience, too.

I have five suppressors and took two elk with one a few years ago. Last year I went back to a brake on my 65 SS and took a mountain goat and elk. With a 26" barrel it's just too long with a 5-7" suppressor carrying on a pack. The suppressor didn't reduce recoil enough that I could spot my shots like I can with the brake.

Varminterror

Lil-Rokslider
My primary coyote rifle is a double stamped 10.5” 5.56 with a SilencerCo Omega out front. Also have a 6.8SPC upper for it, running the same can. I shot my buck last year with my Omega on the front of my Seekins Havak 6 creed. Bunny and squirrel hunting, I use a Ruger Charger or a Savage Mark II BSEV threaded for a SilencerCo Warlock II.

lak2004

WKR
This is something I would love to get. Thinking a suppressed 6.5 creedmoor tikka in a KRG Bravo chassis would be pretty sweet for deer/antelope

Oldffemt

WKR
18” 6.5 Grendel with Griffin Recce 7. This set up all in weighs about the same as my M70 3006. Suppressed Grendel is 1.5” shorter than that rifle too. First time I’ve hunted with it, hopefully will know how it works in about an hour!

Attachments

• 8C348AF8-B49A-4453-A76D-39CA7BD18382.jpeg
    8C348AF8-B49A-4453-A76D-39CA7BD18382.jpeg
    452.3 KB · Views: 33