Who's interested in a quality stainless & cerakote 700 clone with an 18" barrel?

Clomp

FNG
Bergara makes a $1100 stainless & cerakote model of its B-14 rifle (a Remington 700 clone) that's currently sold only in Europe, New Zealand and Greenland. The B-14 Extreme Hunter is a 2.9 kg (6.4 lb) rifle has a threaded and fluted 18" barrel and is chambered for both 6.5 Creedmoor & .308 Win. I'd buy this rifle in a New York minute if it was just available in the US. Here's two links:

(enable English captions)

If you're like me and would like to see this rifle sold in the US, please add your comment. If there's enough interest, I'll forward the thread to Bergara's executives to see if us Roksliders can change their minds. Thanks!

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
I would buy one of these in a heart beat, but I’d also need a left hand version which I doubt they would make. But yeah, send the Extreme B-14 to the US please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBHasler

WKR
I’m in the market for a 308 and have been considering Bergara. My hunt would be over if this was available here in the states. Much more interested in the 308 as I’m full up on the 6.5 and that’s about the only caliber I’ve seen in stock at retailers

OP
C

Clomp

FNG
When you convert the European & New Zealand seller's online prices to US dollars, the rifle costs $1090 to $1120. Compare this to the $1500 Kimber Adirondack, and you can see why I'm interested in seeing the Extreme Hunter sold in the US!

crich

WKR
When you convert the European & New Zealand seller's online prices to US dollars, the rifle costs $1090 to $1120. Compare this to the $1500 Kimber Adirondack, and you can see why I'm interested in seeing the Extreme Hunter sold in the US!
For me the allure of the adirondak is that it is sub 5lbs. Worth the extra 500 bucks to me. Scoped it will weigh the same or less than the bergara as a bare rifle. That said I think theres definitely a market for it here. Im all for stainless and cerekote on top is an added bonus.

z987k

WKR
Ya, not really the same class of rifle. The Kimber is under 5lbs and a true mountain rifle.
The Bergara's have weight problems, but if you don't care what it weighs, the Bergara's a much better price. Probably shoots better to.
I'd like to see more of their B-14 line available in stainless. From what I understand no stainless B14's are sold in the states.

OP
C

Clomp

FNG
The Bergara's have weight problems, but if you don't care what it weighs, the Bergara's a much better price. Probably shoots better to.
I'm figuring that the Extreme Hunter will weigh 7.4 lbs with a scope. I'm somewhat sensitive to recoil plus I like to fire around 40 rounds or so when I'm practicing at the range. So that weight is about right for me personally. For me, the benefit of carrying a rifle that I shoot well, both offhand and sitting, is worth some weight penalty.

OP
C

Clomp

FNG
I'm interested in something like this... but in 300 WSM or 7 SAUM. Would love to see it available in those. Wshful thinking?
The Extreme Hunter is similar to Bergara's Special Purpose rifles (Ridge and Wilderness Ridge). Difference being the stainless steel action and fluted #4 stainless barrel. Since both of the Ridge versions are offered only in 6.5 CM and .308 Win, I think its doubtful that Bergara would break from those chamberings in a sub $1100 non-custom rifle.

I'm interested in something like this... but in 300 WSM or 7 SAUM. Would love to see it available in those. Wshful thinking?

I’ve seen 7SAUM mentioned a lot on rokslide. I’ve done research on the cartridge and while it has its advantages, I don’t see the reason to go with a cartridge that requires hand loading and may be difficult to find brass? I can see the attraction to 300 WSM

z987k

WKR
I’ve seen 7SAUM mentioned a lot on rokslide. I’ve done research on the cartridge and while it has its advantages, I don’t see the reason to go with a cartridge that requires hand loading and may be difficult to find brass? I can see the attraction to 300 WSM

7 wsm never took off and 7 saum is easier to get brass for. That's all I can come up with

OP
C

Clomp

FNG
Keep the comments coming, guys. Let the Bergara brass know if you'd seriously consider buying the Extreme Hunter if it was just sold in the US!

OP
C

Clomp

FNG
Anyone else, guys? The way I see it, this rifle is in a unique position in the market as I know of no other stainless steel 18" barreled bolt actions offered anywhere near this price range. Add your comments if you want to see this rifle imported to the US. Thanks!