Who's Moose Hunting Alaska 2020?

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Covid rest.. negative.. uploaded to Alaska.. on to the flight Friday at 7am out of Denver..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent! I did my test yesterday (Alaska residents are also asked to pretest before arriving in Bethel). I'll be on a morning flight on Friday from ANC to BET, and in the field for two-weeks.

Up here the temps are dropping, leaves are turning, and the geese are flocking in the air...it's moose hunting season in Alaska!

Best wishes to you and all for safe and fun adventures.

Last edited:

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my negative test back! I will be arriving early afternoon on Saturday. I am excited!

Wapiti1

WKR
Go get 'em guys. Tuesday can't get here fast enough. Mail order test is in the mail today. Walk-in test will be done on Monday. The weekend has me on a tight timeline so I figured I'd go with two test routes.

I took Wednesday off in case I need to wait for results. If all goes according to plan, I'll be flying into the bush Thursday for 10 days of peace and quiet.

Jeremy

bowuntr

WKR
I made it through the Airport check in less than 2 minutes. I had my negative covid test in hand (results in less than 24 hours from CVS Pharmacy) and completed the declaration online from the airport before I left. Thanks to everyone who reported their experiences here... it went too smooth... I'm kinda worried about the rest of the hunt. Ed F

AKBorn

WKR
I made it through the Airport check in less than 2 minutes. I had my negative covid test in hand (results in less than 24 hours from CVS Pharmacy) and completed the declaration online from the airport before I left. Thanks to everyone who reported their experiences here... it went too smooth... I'm kinda worried about the rest of the hunt. Ed F

Best of luck Ed! Hope you find a nice one within bow range...

Wapiti1

WKR
Day two of not flying due to wind and weather. Tomorrow looks promising, though. Wandering around Anchorage and now Wasilla is not my favorite pastime.
But the sun came out to play with the wind.

I’m used to it. I have yet to come up here and fly on schedule.
Jeremy

Day two of not flying due to wind and weather. Tomorrow looks promising, though. Wandering around Anchorage and now Wasilla is not my favorite pastime.
But the sun came out to play with the wind.

The Mug Shot is open until 4 AM! May as well go for it, can’t hunt tomorrow anyway!

I’m in the valley and stuck at home, hit me up if ya need anything after your hunt.

Had a damn forked horn standing in the middle of the road staring at me for a good 10 minutes last night (not legal here)....FML

Wapiti1

WKR
The Mug Shot is open until 4 AM! May as well go for it, can’t hunt tomorrow anyway!

I’m in the valley and stuck at home, hit me up if ya need anything after your hunt.

Thanks. Heheheh. Those days are more memory of suffering the next day than anything else. How did I get here Officer

Maybe today? Looks calm out and the rain is spotty.

Jeremy

OP
Robinhood21
We went 2 for 3 and had the time of our lives. Alaska is unbelievable! Learned so much this trip.

Uncles 62”
f613b8a0b97d7bce8d5bf6b6c3de8642.jpg

Dads 61”
ca40a2648907f71193ed2eba5324fd2f.jpg

I already can’t wait to go back and I have unfinished business so I’m Planning my return in 2022

Will do a detailed write up here in the next week or so.

AKBorn

WKR
We went 2 for 3 and had the time of our lives. Alaska is unbelievable! Learned so much this trip.

Uncles 62”
f613b8a0b97d7bce8d5bf6b6c3de8642.jpg

Dads 61”
ca40a2648907f71193ed2eba5324fd2f.jpg

I already can’t wait to go back and I have unfinished business so I’m Planning my return in 2022

Will do a detailed write up here in the next week or so.

Freakin awesome! Glad COVID didn't mess with your trip, and glad you guys now have memories to last a lifetime! Looking forward to the story and more pics.

Wanted to do 17b but timing as a cpa would
Would not work.. need to be farther into
September.. found a new reputable transporter and I’ll be in 16b.. not my top preference as I’d love to go back to 18 but this was the herald my buddy could go.. he gets first right of refusal on all bulls as I’ve killed two..

@standswittaknife how was your 16b moose hunt? Did you do float or stationary camp? Looking at that unit for next year.