Who's Moose Hunting Alaska 2020?

Is anyone else getting nervous about the covid restrictions? Looks like if things don't change we wont be able to drive through Canada. Also saw something about a 14 day quarantine coming into AK if you don't test right before... :(

Not nervous at all. Combat that by getting familiar with the state's regs and having an updated plan to meet those regs as time grows shorter. I do NOT recommend trusting to luck, going by rumors, or using selective hearing. Know exactly what the state requires and have a plan. It's no different really than being familiar with the hunting regs in your specific unit. Knowledge is power here.

You other guys with your talk about communal tipis and such are starting to worry me. 🤣

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone else getting nervous about the covid restrictions? Looks like if things don't change we wont be able to drive through Canada. Also saw something about a 14 day quarantine coming into AK if you don't test right before... :(
Why don't you look into the ferry system from Washington to Alaska. More money but it allows you to drive.

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
We looked into it. 7500 each way for our rig and passengers.
Be cheaper to lease a business jet and fly you to your destination with your gear. Prices seem to have gone up since I last checked. OUCH!!!!!!!!!

VernAK

WKR
Not nervous at all. Combat that by getting familiar with the state's regs and having an updated plan to meet those regs as time grows shorter. I do NOT recommend trusting to luck, going by rumors, or using selective hearing. Know exactly what the state requires and have a plan. It's no different really than being familiar with the hunting regs in your specific unit. Knowledge is power here.

You other guys with your talk about SENIOR CITIZEN tipis and such are starting to worry me. 🤣

John Havard

WKR
Classified Approved
Kevin,

Unless I HAVE to do so, I don't ever want to have to crawl on my hands and knees to get into my tent ever again. Been there and done that plenty of times from sea level up to 20,000'+. I like the idea of walking upright into my tipi and having a warm stove, a toddy, a comfortable chair, and Led Zeppelin on the vibes while chillaxiing in the evening after a tough moose hunting day. I have the "crawl-into" tent but it's considered a last resort!:)

We just started weighing and getting all together. Note to tipi guys.. put your liner on now and don’t try to do it in the field!
1e57dfc4b75ab719d9e9ce79917b7198.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VernAK

WKR
Kevin,

Unless I HAVE to do so, I don't ever want to have to crawl on my hands and knees to get into my tent ever again. Been there and done that plenty of times from sea level up to 20,000'+. I like the idea of walking upright into my tipi and having a warm stove, a toddy, a comfortable chair, and Led Zeppelin on the vibes while chillaxiing in the evening after a tough moose hunting day. I have the "crawl-into" tent but it's considered a last resort!:)

I hear ya John!
My Sawtooth is a compromise tent. I have to stoop just a bit to get in but I can stand up to put my pants on. There's no music in my tent but it's a thought. At present, I'm expected to be able to hear a shot and come running with a knife and game bags. Music may help!

We just started weighing and getting all together. Note to tipi guys.. put your liner on now and don’t try to do it in the field!

I made that mistake once. No trouble admitting I really screwed up and realized it in the middle of a raging storm with unbelievable condensation. I had never even tried to tie them in to my Sawtooth at home and had no clue how to orient them. Imagine a wildly flapping-shuddering tipi with condensate spraying your face and gear.....while you try to figure out how a liner half ties in. One of the more miserable things I’ve ever experienced and completely my fault.

Trial153

WKR
Check your Itinerary if your booked with Alaska airlines and you have any connecting flights though american airlines. I got a notice on my app stating that i had changes. Come to find out American has changed and cancelled a bunch of flights. The nice women that changed my itinerary on the phone warned me to check my app frequently be more changes maybe coming

I made that mistake once. No trouble admitting I really screwed up and realized it in the middle of a raging storm with unbelievable condensation. I had never even tried to tie them in to my Sawtooth at home and had no clue how to orient them. Imagine a wildly flapping-shuddering tipi with condensate spraying your face and gear.....while you try to figure out how a liner half ties in. One of the more miserable things I’ve ever experienced and completely my fault.

We both sound like my advice was purely a learned trait!