Who's Moose Hunting Alaska 2021?!?

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I won't make into moose camp this year as I haven't fully recovered from last fall's injury but I'm booked for next year as I celebrate my 80th.
I’m glad you have next year to anticipate Vern…celebrating 80years at it is soooo impressive sir! Let me know if you need any moose meat this year…we will figure a way to make it happen.

cnelk

WKR
I posted early this year that I told my buddy if he drew a moose tag, id take him.
Well, he drew.
I won’t be hunting moose, but I’ll be there beating the bushes for my buddy.

Arrival ANC 9/10 - drive to float plane
Fly out 9/11
Hunt - 9/12 - 9/20

(9/2 - 9/8 Colorado Archery Elk hunting)

I am excited to be tagging along on a moose hunt up north this year. In fact, I am tagging along for couple of hunts.

Dang Vern....sorry about the injury. I always make sure I have plenty of kitchen passes before I schedule another trip anywhere.

Seriously though, here's to your healing and return to moose camp:

OP7I1nBl.jpg

VernAK

WKR
I’m glad you have next year to anticipate Vern…celebrating 80years at it is soooo impressive sir! Let me know if you need any moose meat this year…we will figure a way to make it happen.
Thanks Doc, but you won't believe how much moose meat crosses my place. My younger hunting partner likes this TV hunting program stuff and it does nothing for me. In fact, I avoid it....most of the time. He has a well known TV "personality" coming this year so it's a good year to stay home and hunt cranes and geese. Those guys fly away and leave a literal ton of moose meat here. Other friends have cow tags and youth hunt tags that usually involve me also.

I've shot plenty moose so I usually go along to provide adult supervision but it doesn't always work as my older partner [82YO] gets out of hand and shoots a damned bull in camp with his handgun.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks Doc, but you won't believe how much moose meat crosses my place. My younger hunting partner likes this TV hunting program stuff and it does nothing for me. In fact, I avoid it....most of the time. He has a well known TV "personality" coming this year so it's a good year to stay home and hunt cranes and geese. Those guys fly away and leave a literal ton of moose meat here. Other friends have cow tags and youth hunt tags that usually involve me also.

I've shot plenty moose so I usually go along to provide adult supervision but it doesn't always work as my older partner [82YO] gets out of hand and shoots a damned bull in camp with his handgun.
Right on Vern...I figured others around you would share, but I just wanted to make sure you didn't go without moose this year. The countless stories you have to share....

KHNC

WKR
Was invited to go to Kuiu on a boat with a buddy of mine who knows a charter captain. No idea of how it will be. Looking forward to everything except the 2 day boat trip each way.

WMR

FNG
Going back for round 2 this year. I learned a lot last year and had a great adventure. I can see this being an annual thing. Wish I'd started earlier. I'm fooling with rifles, fine tuning the gear list, and working out regularly. Will be shipping camp up there in a few weeks. Thanks again for the wealth of information exchanged here. It's made the learning curve less steep.

John Havard

WKR
Classified Approved
Arrive Anchorage 9/5 and fly home 9/26. In between a bow hunt for moose and caribou in the high country. Vern, I too am sorry to hear about your injury. If I see the geezer ridge guys in Tok I'll be sure to give them a brief hard time to make up for you not being there.

Good luck Kevin and to everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_1368.jpeg
    IMG_1368.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 36

Russp17

WKR
The dice are already rolled so we will see how it goes, the plan is to be a winner regardless of what happens!

I assume you're talking from experience?
Yeah and don't get me wrong I have nothing against Renfro's... Just getting in early usually doesn't work here with any charters... In fact has never happened in the 15 years I've lived here.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ll be out looking for a nice bull. Actually any bull really, need to keep that freezer full but I would be great to get another monster like last year.

ReinsuranceShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Headed out with my brother on renfro the 17th. So looking forward to it. All the help from the forum I am sure will make it all that much more pleasurable. One less thing to worry about as of this morning… got my brother 3 boxes of 375 h&h so he can use my grandfather’s Winchester model 70 that was bought for my grandmother nearly 50 years ago but never christened it.
Big thank you to AkDoc for all the pm’s / advice.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Minor update, I just ordered the Bull Magnet call. Been going back and forth on it, and figure, "it's only money" at this point. If it gives me a 1% better chance to get a bull, I like anything that may increase my odds.
I brought one last time and am bringing it again this year, I think it’s worth it! Just wish it were a little easier to carry around

I’m headed to brooks range from September 12-28.
Paying for the hunt was the easy part.
I’ve never been so stressed on gear and logistics in my life. I used a booking agent. He is slow to respond. Guide was great talking with him but he was up front he is hard to get a hold of.
No matter if it’s super smooth or super frustrating it will be a adventure!

Saleen422

Lil-Rokslider
Heading to anchorage on the 3rd fly out the 4th fly back to anchorage on the 15th, never been to alaska before, done all my booking myself, hope to find a couple moose for me and a buddy, trying to figure out the packing of food and gear is the kicker

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Headed out with my brother on renfro the 17th. So looking forward to it. All the help from the forum I am sure will make it all that much more pleasurable. One less thing to worry about as of this morning… got my brother 3 boxes of 375 h&h so he can use my grandfather’s Winchester model 70 that was bought for my grandmother nearly 50 years ago but never christened it.
Big thank you to AkDoc for all the pm’s / advice.
I'm very happy to have helped...I'll be in/out 9/9 and 9/23, so I won't get a chance to meet you in person.

The very best to you and your brother...you're going to have a great adventure!

BTW, I take a 375H&H out there every year!

VernAK

WKR
I've got an ornery cow in my neighborhood too but friends with cow tags aren't allowed to take em in the Delta Management Area. I guess I'll have to tolerate her. She's come toward twice when out walking but I've been able to scare her off by shooting my 45 in the gravel ahead of her.