Who's propagating a garden?

Tdiesel

Lil-Rokslider
was going great till about a week ago when it froze everything even had most of it covered but I guess your not supposed to grow plants at 18 degrees

Strawberries, Mint, Fuji Apples, Asian Pears, Plums, Meyer Lemons, Oranges, Red Grapefruit, four different types of Peach, Avocado, Tomatoes, Basil, Thyme, Jalapeño and Habanero peppers. The only stuff I need to replant each year are the Tomatoes, Basil, Jalapeño and Habanero peppers. The rest grows year round. I have it all on automatic watering so I'm able to get away and not get concerned about much maintenance other than pick it when it's ready to harvest.

Rod

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, trying sweet patatoes for the first time, going ok so far. Brocoli is ready to eat.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
Strawberries in the garden and for the first year I am using an EarthBox to grow tomatoes (the plants are already HUGE!).

Reflex

FNG
We have one each year. We plant an assortment of things....tomatoes, onions, lettuce, radishes, zucchini, squash, cucumbers, peppers, peas, cilantro, and a separate strawberry patch. It's nice to have fresh stuff right in the backyard. I just wish we could have vegetables available to eat year-round!

muleman

WKR
We (my wife) plants a ¼ acre garden each year. Corn, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, onions, carrots, and herbs are the standard items.

OP
AK Troutbum
Growing great until hail cleans out 50%! Standard salad items with some herbs. Loads of cucs to make pickles. We'll see this year...

Wow, that's a bummer, along with the other gentleman that had temperatures in the teens. We almost never have hail here (I've only seen it once in the 20 years that I've lived here, and even then it didn't amount to much of anything), and as long as we plant after Memorial Day, were usually okay. I took a chance this year and planted in mid May. I got lucky, so far so good. Moose are our biggest problem here. I came very close to killing a young bull two years ago that ended my gardening season. I have two different types of potatoes, two different types of onions, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and horseradish, all in fully enclosed wire cages that keep the moose out. Were very limited as to the types of vegetables that we can plant here. Outside of a greenhouse, only cold weather crops and root vegetables do well.

Last edited:

6t4nova

WKR
Same thing happened to me Doj4Whlr... that hail storm that came through last week really wiped my garden out. Pretty much stripped all my plants down to nothing. Looks like everything will grow back though. Just a bummer to get wiped out like that.