Who's Tried The Jetboil Stash?

archp625

WKR
Damn, Maybe I need to redo my testing. I did a test this weekend that showed I burned .3 oz of fuel per 500 mL. To me 500 mL is a cup of coffee and what a MH takes. So if the hunts 6 days I need to add two burns for the night before the hunt starts with a HM meal and coffee in the morning of the last day as I hike out.

Damn, Maybe I need to redo my testing. I did a test this weekend that showed I burned .3 oz of fuel per 500 mL. To me 500 mL is a cup of coffee and what a MH takes. So if the hunts 6 days I need to add two burns for the night before the hunt starts with a HM meal and coffee in the morning of the last day as I hike out.
What’s your altitude? Water boils easier where I hunt up high, I’m sure it would be less at sea level. Ambient temp and wind play a role too. I switched to Peak from MH because they use less water.

renagde

WKR
Don’t see any advantage over a pocket rocket and toaks pot. Roughly 2 oz and $30 less than the Jetboil.
Somewhere on Youtube there's a video of a guy testing the Stash vs a MSR stove, I believe the pocket rocket. The Jetboil will be more efficient. Currently I'm running a Pocket Rocket 2 with titanium pot. Overall just a hair less weight than the Stash but I'll make that up carrying less fuel. I think I'll be making the switch.

I think that for the ultimate in efficiency and UL wt., that Stash pot coupled with a BRS stove would be the absolute best of both worlds. I'd like to know what just the pot alone weighs.

Last edited:

SMOKYMTN

WKR
Here is what I use and its a superlight setup. very similar to what Jetboil is trying to do there.

Toaks titanium 750ml pot or you can use the 900ml

BRS 3000t Stove

Keiths Titanium Spork

Lighter

Snow Peak Hotlips

and 100 gram fuel bottle.

All of this fits together into the Toaks Mug put the lid on and throw it into own bag for a super lightweight setup.
I've got the same pot, but this stove. I absolutely love this little thing and it fits down inside the Toaks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZJFN4YF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had a Jetboil crap out on me years ago and never used another one. Since, I’ve used a Soto Windmaster/Toaks 750ml pot and a MSR Reactor with no issues. If space is at a premium, I take the Soto. Otherwise I much prefer the Reactor. I only boil water for coffee and peak/off grid/etc. I never eat from the pot so I’m not concerned with simmering.

That said, the Stash seems like the perfect go between for the packability of the Soto and the efficiency and speed of the Reactor. I dont have a scale at the moment to weigh all 3 but the Stash is very light. I’m pretty sure the stash will be used by a lot of people this fall.

I have used the Stash the last 2 mornings while scouting turkeys and its been very windy in the area. I really like this stash. The Reactor is king if space isn’t an issue. If it is, i *might* take the jetboil over the windmaster, but not until I’ve used it quite a bit more. The Soto has proven its dependability, that’s hard to replace with a brand that I’ve had issues with. I’ll use the stash on some section hikes this spring/summer and report back with how I’m liking it.

Attachments

• B24ED4AB-0F81-4158-B63B-F68837462E85.jpeg
    B24ED4AB-0F81-4158-B63B-F68837462E85.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Or you could just make up your own system. More efficient than the Stash, costs a fraction as much, and weighs less to boot. Amazon for a total of $39, boils 16 oz. of 45° water in about 1.5 minutes and uses 3 grams of fuel to do it.
5e5a038fcab1dbf3e8d61114f475442c.jpg

With a cut down JB insulated sleeve and lid.
96ad3669f2461890fc3298d225ba2cd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slim9300

WKR
Looks like it can boil 50 cups of water on a single 100g fuel canister. That’s insane.

With boiling 1+ cup for oatmeal and 2 cups for dinner, I can get 9-10 days easily from my Jetboil SOL and a 100-110g fuel canister. Most UL setups can’t compare to that level of efficiency.

slim9300

WKR
Just for grins. Tapatalk isn’t letting me upload photos. 50 degree water at 300’ of elevation and just a little over 2 cups.

Jetboil Stash: 15.4 ounces with full 110g fuel canister, fuel support, pot, lid, lighter, and stove bag. 2 minutes and 10 seconds to a rolling boil. Man the flame is big and loud. Burned 5.67g of fuel per boil.

Jetboil Sol (nearly 10 years old) w/ aluminum 1L cup: 18.0 ounces with full 110g fuel canister, fuel support, lid, and lighter. 2 minutes and 18 seconds to a rolling boil. Flame seems tiny compared to Stash. Burned 5.67g of fuel per boil.

Primus ETA Solo: 21.8 ounces with full 110g fuel canister, fuel support, pot, lid, and lighter. 2 minutes and 10 seconds to a rolling boil. I have had this stove as a backup for nearly a decade and have never had to use it. The Jetboil has been a rock.

Last edited:
Ordered one but sending it back. This one weighed in at 7.7 oz without the lid. My SOL TI is 9 oz and I like the the shape and no handle better. Not worth it in my case.