Why are games/videos popping up?

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Anytime I get on Rokslide, these stupid videos pop up when I get on the forum. Anyway to stop this from happening? Just started in the past week.

Here is a screen shot of one of them
2B59AC0C-16C3-40CC-B03D-F04372D152F5.png

OP
OneShot

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting. It started happening after my phone updated the other day. Nothing new has been downloaded in a long time, so who knows.
Wonder why out of all the hunting and fishing forums I’m on, it only does it here!?
Anything I can look for on my end to maybe get rid of it?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting. It started happening after my phone updated the other day. Nothing new has been downloaded in a long time, so who knows.
Wonder why out of all the hunting and fishing forums I’m on, it only does it here!?
Since your phone updated it might’ve changed some of the website sharing permissions possibly?

CorbLand

WKR
I am far from an expert but I would bet the update had something in it that allowed for an app or something to share some information. Are you logging in via Tapatalk or just through the internet? If it is Tapatalk, it could be something on their end.

OP
OneShot

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
I am far from an expert but I would bet the update had something in it that allowed for an app or something to share some information. Are you logging in via Tapatalk or just through the internet? If it is Tapatalk, it could be something on their end.
Just through the internet. Haven’t used tapatalk

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
are you using safari? if so, maybe your blocker got turned off? Settings - Safari - Block Pop-ups

OP
OneShot

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Update

My phone did another update last week and I have not had an issue since. Not sure what it did during the update a few weeks prior, but glad it’s gone now. Was getting pretty annoying

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
You sir got some spyware or like others said targeted adds. I would get ad Remover on your phone that will block that crap right out.