Why every liberal millennial.......

Poser

WKR
I’m 38 and I don’t Identify with that generation. I identify with generation X. Just like most millennials don’t identify with their own gender

You were born in 83? Some folks classify millennials as starting in 1985, others use 1980. There’s always going to be a few transitional years in there, but I’d tend to agree with 1985 as I think of generations in terms of 20 year cycles. Boomers started popping out immediately following WWII, so 1945-1965. Gen X: 1965-1985. Of course, someone born in 1983 is going to have more of the same influences as Millennials than they do Xers.

You were born in 83? Some folks classify millennials as starting in 1985, others use 1980. There’s always going to be a few transitional years in there, but I’d tend to agree with 1985 as I think of generations in terms of 20 year cycles. Boomers started popping out immediately following WWII, so 1945-1965. Gen X: 1965-1985. Of course, someone born in 1983 is going to have more of the same influences as Millennials than they do Xers.

82, I think 85 on makes more sense. All the millennial pricks I know of are just a few years younger than me.

I give it a six. Not all that compelling and provides the Wolf lobby ammo we needn't give them. Meh. Would like to read something that actually sways minds, walks them through the entire process and makes them appreciate hunters and hunting in a very tangible way. This piece fails to do that IMHO and the comments posted to that page seems to confirm that.

That said, I don't "identify" myself...it's a bullshit notion that you can change what you are by "identifying" yourself as something you're not. I'm a 60 yr old bow hunter raised to be a decent person, respect others and accept hardships, challenges and opportunities as they come. And you don't know shit about hog hunting until you've done it solo with a bow on the ground without hounds.

screen.jpg

Last edited:

Poser

WKR
Well, this whole Covid thing has liberals-in-charge treating all of us like 5 year olds, so what's the difference?

Because, “let me tell you, sonny, you don’t know nothing about hunting because you’re (presumably) a liberal Millennial, but I’ll tell you all about it in a condescending tone while making sweeping judgements towards your entire generation” sentiment doesn’t do much for the credibility of hunting or hunting mentors.

I give it a six. Not all that compelling and provides the Wolf lobby ammo we needn't give them. Meh. Would like to read something that actually sways minds, walks them through the entire process and makes them appreciate hunters and hunting in a very tangible way. This piece fails to do that IMHO and the comments posted to that page seems to confirm that.

That said, I don't "identify" myself...it's a bullshit notion that you can change what you are by "identifying" yourself as something you're not. I'm a 60 yr old bow hunter raised to be a decent person, respect others and accept hardships, challenges and opportunities as they come. And you don't know shit about hog hunting until you've done it solo with a bow on the ground without hounds.

View attachment 182903

Not a bullshit notion to identify with another age group culturally because you were only raised around and grew up with that era of people. It is however a bullshit notion to identify as something factually and biologically not true about ones self.

82, I think 85 on makes more sense. All the millennial pricks I know of are just a few years younger than me.

I think 95 makes more sense. All of us born in the 80's remember a time when the internet was not such a big part of our lives. We are old enough to make a distinction between the real world and social media. We remember hanging out with our friends and class mates and not needing to have a video being recorded or photo being taken at all times.

I think 95 makes more sense. All of us born in the 80's remember a time when the internet was not such a big part of our lives. We are old enough to make a distinction between the real world and social media. We remember hanging out with our friends and class mates and not needing to have a video being recorded or photo being taken at all times.

We just can’t make a blanket statement that because someone is whatever age that they are automatically this type of person.

There are some awesome 10 year olds and there are some real piece of shit 80 year olds.

Because, “let me tell you, sonny, you don’t know nothing about hunting because you’re (presumably) a liberal Millennial, but I’ll tell you all about it in a condescending tone while making sweeping judgements towards your entire generation” sentiment doesn’t do much for the credibility of hunting or hunting mentors.

Uhhh...'scuze me but you completely misinterpreted his point. Currently (and especially in places like CA, NY, MI) the leftist politicians are telling us what we can or cannot do in very conflicting ways, ordering us like we're children. You can walk on the beach but you cannot sit down. Basically 5miles is saying we are all being addressed like we're five year olds by our politicians who are ignoring the US Constitution and enforcing illegal restrictions by force (armed LEOs). They (the politicians) are telling us a lot of things that make no sense. You must wear a mask or you'll be cited or detained or arrested. A mask won't protect you. You can go to a crowded Walmart...but you cannot see a barber. Next week it'll be "Eat your peas!" He wasn't saying Millennials can't or don't know how to hunt. He was making a political statement.