Why every liberal millennial.......

schmalzy

WKR
As a millennial construction contractor, I love hearing about how much my generation sucks. Less competition. Can’t stop time, and a lot of the boomers and Gen-x’ers are retiring, shutting down, or simply struggling to keep up
with the pace of the market and utilizing the available work force.

Immense opportunity out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Military standards have definitely changed. These days you don't even have to know what biological sex you are to join. In the past, most kids figured that out by the time they were in kindergarten. So are they really more intelligent these days.......or more misguided?

Define intelligence? Define which military standards you are talking about? A change in a social standard does nothing to prove a change in fitness standards. Equally, being misguided in one area does nothing to prove a lack of intelligence in others. Conversely, improved academic intelligence does nothing to demonstrate improved intelligence in other areas.

Billinsd

WKR
I wonder why the standards in law enforcement, firefighting and the military have been lowered so much in the past 20 years? Because of millennials ?
Because standards aren't inclusive and not representative of communities? The main priority of hiring in those public entities is diversity, which means little to no opportunity for white men and great opportunity for purple unicorn harpies.

GHOSTofWENDELL

Lil-Rokslider
PT standards have increased substantially in the military in the past decade. Out are the 20 year guys with 40+ inch abdominal circumference. People are discharged for not making PT standards all the time now. Back in the day you could give your buddy a wink and score an excellent. Today test administrators are either civilian hires or from other squadrons.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Because standards aren't inclusive and not representative of communities? The main priority of hiring in those public entities is diversity, which means little to no opportunity for white men and great opportunity for purple unicorn harpies.

77.1% of police are white. 85.3% are male.
82% of firefighters are white, 96% are male.
60% of active duty military are white, 85% are male

76.5% of the US population is white, 49.2% are male

Not much validity to that perception.

I’ve been around many religious zealots and I know the type of children you describe. I don’t want to sugar coat it but I think my wife and I are very very different than your average homeschool parents and exceptional in many regards. I don’t want to limit my child's social interactions from other children, just from the type of k-12 dimwits that taught us and told us to get our parents to vote a certain way, or that we needed to stop cutting down trees, global warming, take your pick. If I didn’t have awesome parents setting me straight every day I don’t know where I’d be, possibly protesting in downtown Portland looking for my next rock to smoke.

When did it change that homeschool kids could not participate in public sports? They did when I was in school. Yes you are right, there are like minded communities where home school kids can interact, you know basically like the old days.

There may be a day when we decide to go public, but I doubt it will be during their most formative years early on.

Where do you grow up? Sounds like California, Oregon, Washington, or New York. And that explains it. That crap didn’t happen where I grew up and went to school lol.

I wonder why the standards in law enforcement, firefighting and the military have been lowered so much in the past 20 years? Because of millennials ?

I will say as someone in the military, yes and no. The drastic change in military standards recently has been because of millennials but change has been happening for quite some time I would say really starting with the boomers, but again more drastically in the last 15 years or so. It’s gotten completely ridiculous. I’m just glad I have 5 more years left.

Billinsd

WKR
77.1% of police are white. 85.3% are male.
82% of firefighters are white, 96% are male.
60% of active duty military are white, 85% are male

76.5% of the US population is white, 49.2% are male

Not much validity to that perception.
Right, because a purple unicorn is my attempt at sarcasm. Little to no opportunity in getting hired is not correct, according to your statistics. Opportunity in getting ahead and promoted, is what I should have said. My observations, not perceptions are in San Diego, which is extremely liberal and has and does lower the bar for minorities and women in most all public agencies and job positions. That's what we were talking about. And just because there is a high percentage of white men, say as policemen or firemen, doesn't mean the bar is lowered or that it isn't lowered either to try and hire women and minorities. You have to look at the hiring practices, which is what I have done.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
I have witnessed standards being lowered to allow for women to compete with men. I first saw it in high school when PE classes became coed to my gym teacher's chagrin. They begged the parents and fought my school against it, in the mid 70s. We had PE teams based on physical ability. I was near the bottom ability wise, yet if I was a girl I could have been on the top team which had a standard for boys and a different one for girls. I was told by buddies that wanted to be firemen that there was a different standard for women. This has been going on for decades where I've lived in California. Maybe no where else is like this, but I doubt it. Bill

Last edited:
As a millennial construction contractor, I love hearing about how much my generation sucks. Less competition. Can’t stop time, and a lot of the boomers and Gen-x’ers are retiring, shutting down, or simply struggling to keep up
with the pace of the market and utilizing the available work force.

Immense opportunity out there.

That's the spirit man.

Home school is about control. Let's not beat around the bush.
Could not agree more...I've known many many homeschooled children throughout my life....one eye-opening moment occurred when a homeschooled friend of my daughter's came over for a sleepover....they got in an argument at the dinner table over whether human beings and dinosaurs existed at the same time...took every ounce of willpower I had not to intervene in that conversation, lol...

Bbell12

WKR
Home school is about control. Let's not beat around the bush.

Or how about home schooling is about not letting the government indoctrinate your child however they want to.

Or actually being a parent to your child like the Agrarian societies used to be and not letting a government run institution raise your child for you.