Why every liberal millennial.......

Billinsd

WKR
The comment was that home schooling was about control.
You said it is all about control, which to me sounds like only super controlling parents home school their kids. I'm sure some do for that reason, but others do because the don't like their public school system, for religious reasons, etc.

You said it is all about control, which to me sounds like only super controlling parents home school their kids. I'm sure some do for that reason, but others do because the don't like their public school system, for religious reasons, etc.

Just for moral reasons

What makes a public school system "corrupt"? It just seems like an odd way to phrase it...? Really not looking to start anything, but I'm curious at the description.

What makes a public school system "corrupt"? It just seems like an odd way to phrase it...? Really not looking to start anything, but I'm curious at the description.

In the eyes of the law? Nothing. Corrupt is only in the eye of the beholder. To me they are all misguided or if you will, corrupt.

Right. They want to control the information their children are getting. Why do you think that has a bad connotation?

Billinsd

WKR
Right. They want to control the information their children are getting. Why do you think that has a bad connotation?
Every decent parent wants to control their kids. Control means to have influence over. I interpret that you mean home school parents want total control, right? I'm saying some do, many do not. Here is a reason for homeschooling. Kids with learning disabilities don't get the help they need in San Diego public schools. People with kids with disabilities who home school their kids aren't doing it for more influence. Parents with kids in overcrowded classrooms or really poor teachers or rough areas aren't necessarily doing it for more influence. Other parents get fed up with what their kids are being taught and want another choice, less bad influence. Again I agree some parents homeschool for total influence only, of course. In east San Diego there is a charter high school that is semi homeschool. The kids have some classes and get together some with classmates and teachers. This school is for very independent kids and it's very rigorous. I was really impressed, but it's not for my kids. Cheers Bill

BuzzH

WKR
I know exactly one person who was home schooled...and that person shared in great detail why it was a horrible choice by their parents to home school. It sounded like a nightmare to me and was about 90% about control.

For those that are champions of homeschooling, I hope they have the ability to do it right. In the sample size of the one person I know who was homeschooled, that sure wasn't the case...

I know exactly one person who was home schooled...and that person shared in great detail why it was a horrible choice by their parents to home school. It sounded like a nightmare to me and was about 90% about control.

For those that are champions of homeschooling, I hope they have the ability to do it right. In the sample size of the one person I know who was homeschooled, that sure wasn't the case...

That’s an enormous sample size.

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
In the eyes of the law? Nothing. Corrupt is only in the eye of the beholder. To me they are all misguided or if you will, corrupt.
So you're going to control that situation by forcing (homeschooling is a decision made above the child's pay grade) your child to learn the way you want them to without any outside interference that might contradict your personal beliefs. I can read, very well, and that's been your whole argument through all of this.

Then you get defensive when someone highlighted that. I'll be totally up front and say I don't care what you or your child does, but it's weird to read someone clearly say something over and over again then get defensive when someone else says it about you.

So you're going to control that situation by forcing (homeschooling is a decision made above the child's pay grade) your child to learn the way you want them to without any outside interference that might contradict your personal beliefs. I can read, very well, and that's been your whole argument through all of this.

Then you get defensive when someone highlighted that. I'll be totally up front and say I don't care what you or your child does, but it's weird to read someone clearly say something over and over again then get defensive when someone else says it about you.

Oh boy gee, have you ever replied to someone on here that challenged your point of view? Defending it? What am I supposed to gleen from this?

Thank god I can breathe now! I had been holding my breath waiting so very long for you to tell me that you don’t care what we do.

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
Oh boy gee, have you ever replied to someone on here that challenged your point of view? Defending it? What am I supposed to gleen from this?

Thank god I can breathe now! I had been holding my breath waiting so very long for you to tell me that you don’t care what we do.
No one challenged your point of view, they agreed with it in way less words.

No one challenged your point of view, they agreed with it in way less words.

What thread are you reading? Have you not read any of the back and forth here? Newtosavage has made many considerable and valid arguments to my position. I responded back to many of them.