Why I avoid the range when it’s busy

wyosam

WKR
There were 30 of these in the brass bucket. (300wm)

4cd0bb707cd6cd47d1f0cf77036d329b.jpg

63b86117c52f864e906e91eba1880a62.jpg

b3340d5383e364de4d7a2c4f7cdf7fcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

wyosam

WKR
That’s my guess, although there were one or two without the shoulder blown forward. Squibs?

4ester

WKR
That must have been one of those 300 WBY Win Mags.

Probably wouldn’t have went off, except the head spacing off the belt.

archp625

WKR
That’s my guess, although there were one or two without the shoulder blown forward. Squibs?

If you want to see crazy gun things the public range is where its at. I have been fortunate enough to have never seen something to this capacity. A few weeks ago I was there and two younger than me guys were there shooting. They were being safe from what I could tell. I overheard them having issues with the scope they were using and they didn't know what was wrong. I looked over and realized that mounted the scope backwards. It was a 1-4 x 20 something scope. I wasn't going to saying anything. Then I thought these guys were new to guys and need help. I went over quietly and told them the issue. They were embarrassed but were really thankful.

Always stay on the far right hand side of the pistol range...that way when some idiot slams a magazine in with his finger in the trigger guard and the gun is pointing at 10 o'clock it does not go through the divider in front of you....But then you have the occasional lefty.

Before I joined into a private range I would only go when my buddy was with me...he would stand behind the line and warn me when there were idiots on the range. We bolted several times just because people who did not understand what they were doing were unsafe. it's really hard to explain to some macho guy trying to teach is wife that he is doing something that is going to him hurt...until he does it.

Rob5589

WKR
Whats mind boggling is they just kept shooting them. You would think it wouldn't take 30 rounds to think this doesn't seem right.
If they were ignorant enough to shoot the wrong ammo, probably figured it was normal. More than likely didn't give it a second thought.

Be on the lookout for a "how come my new rifle won't shoot" post :LOL:

nhyrum

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah... Man I loved being in Wyoming for basically that reason. Was easy to be the only one there often times. But yeah... I'd understand maybe shooting 2 or 3... But the whole damn box? That's the kinda person that will end up with an eye patch and if they need to count past 3, they gotta take their shoes off (and use their toes) , and even then, probably couldn't count past 10... All the people I take shooting still wonder why I try to find my own place to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

204guy

WKR
One of the criticisms of the 300 WM has been the short neck. Some wilcatter in WY's like- hold my beer.

OP
W

wyosam

WKR
Yeah... Man I loved being in Wyoming for basically that reason. Was easy to be the only one there often times. But yeah... I'd understand maybe shooting 2 or 3... But the whole damn box? That's the kinda person that will end up with an eye patch and if they need to count past 3, they gotta take their shoes off (and use their toes) , and even then, probably couldn't count past 10... All the people I take shooting still wonder why I try to find my own place to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yep, I don’t go during public hours, and usually don’t bother if there is more than a couple cars in the lot. If someone is there that doesn’t seem safe, I might offer advice, or I might just leave. It’s 8 minutes from the house and on my way home from work, I don’t have much invested in a trip to the range.