Why isn’t Trijicon more popular?

zr600

FNG
Why isn’t Trijicon scopes more popular? They came out with a good line of scopes I feel, but I haven’t had my hands on any of the new ones. I have a 4-16 accu power that I really enjoy. It doesn’t have fancy turrets or zero stop but it has held up to my 7mag, and tracked and returned to 0 out to 700 yards just fine. Was using reticle for wind holds.

texasbbq

Lil-Rokslider
.....maybe because they still make a scope with mil reticle and moa turrets?

gbflyer

WKR
Why isn’t Trijicon scopes more popular? They came out with a good line of scopes I feel, but I haven’t had my hands on any of the new ones. I have a 4-16 accu power that I really enjoy. It doesn’t have fancy turrets or zero stop but it has held up to my 7mag, and tracked and returned to 0 out to 700 yards just fine. Was using reticle for wind holds.

That’s a good question. I have a 1-4 Accupoint on my 35 Whelen. Has a 4a reticle with an amber dot. Best low light scope I’ve ever owned. The 30mm tube is optically unnecessary and makes it a tiny bit heavy, that would be my only negative.

OP
Z

zr600

FNG
These new offering have matched reticle to turrets. Have second focal plane and first focal plane options. I believe the 5-20 accu point is the only one with moa turret and mil reticle. Take a look at the new lines.

texasbbq

Lil-Rokslider
Do any of the new mil/mil scopes have the illuminated dot instead of entire reticle?

sndmn11

WKR
I wouldn't want to spend the same or more money compared to known quality scopes, for less features. In other words, a seond focal plane Credo 2.5-15 for $1200 seems like a waste compared to SWFA, Bushnell LRTS, Nightforce SHV F1, etc.

WRM

WKR
That’s a good question. I have a 1-4 Accupoint on my 35 Whelen. Has a 4a reticle with an amber dot. Best low light scope I’ve ever owned. The 30mm tube is optically unnecessary and makes it a tiny bit heavy, that would be my only negative.

Ditto that scope. I only avoid it because my astigmatism messes a bit with the clarity of the triangle on mine. I agree it could stand to skinny down to a 1 inch tube. I'll probably just use mine on an AK or AR build. Otherwise, nothing wrong with them.

I bought mine used (not noticeable). Whether I'd pay full boat....dunno.

I put an Accupoint 1-6x24 with green triangle on my AR. I think it's great. It seems silly not to use the same scope on my shorter range bolt guns.

prm

WKR
I wouldn't want to spend the same or more money compared to known quality scopes, for less features. In other words, a seond focal plane Credo 2.5-15 for $1200 seems like a waste compared to SWFA, Bushnell LRTS, Nightforce SHV F1, etc.
I paid ~$820. It replaced an SWFA SS HD 3-9, which replaced a NF SHV 3-10. Even had an LRTS for a bit, but the one I had was way too big for me in this application (Barrett Fieldcraft). I can't say the Trijicon is better yet, but feature-wise I really like it so far. Dependability and repeatability, time will tell. I spend as much, or more, time shooting critters at 80 yds in the timber as reaching out any distance so I tend to be biased towards 2nd in the 1st vs. 2nd focal plane argument. Really depends more on the reticle design. I do like the SWFA SS HD 1-6 reticle (1st FP).

I have a couple they are great scopes...I can't help but notice I don't see a lot of flat brim bros hocking there stuff on the Youtubes even though ACOG have been the Marine and SOF standard for years..

sndmn11

WKR
I paid ~$820. It replaced an SWFA SS HD 3-9, which replaced a NF SHV 3-10. Even had an LRTS for a bit, but the one I had was way too big for me in this application (Barrett Fieldcraft). I can't say the Trijicon is better yet, but feature-wise I really like it so far. Dependability and repeatability, time will tell. I spend as much, or more, time shooting critters at 80 yds in the timber as reaching out any distance so I tend to be biased towards 2nd in the 1st vs. 2nd focal plane argument. Really depends more on the reticle design. I do like the SWFA SS HD 1-6 reticle (1st FP).
Where was that price at?

prm

WKR
Where was that price at?

They were very quick to ship. That came from another guy who had good service and recommended them to me.

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR

They were very quick to ship. That came from another guy who had good service and recommended them to me.
Neat! That is cheaper than the pricing on the discount "pro" sites.

ChrisAU

WKR

Twas me, and yep very quick shipping. Really like mine so far. Zeroed it Sunday with no fuss at all. Will stretch it’s legs to 500 and back next time out. Same for my Tenmile 4-24x50. IMO they are the answer for people wanting SWFA’s with more features but still keep the weight reasonable.

Reactions: prm

ChrisAU

WKR
Do any of the new mil/mil scopes have the illuminated dot instead of entire reticle?

Yes, my Tenmile 4-24x50 is an illuminated green dot. MIL/MIL. They make a red dot too. I somehow grabbed the 4-24 green dot for $967 on Amazon.