Why no pref point if not drawn? (WY) I must have misunderstood

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all,

State: WYOMING (Antelope)

I thought I had read that if you were not drawn for a tag, you would be awarded a preference point. However, it's been a month or two since the "great disappointment" and I'm seeing zero PPs.
What am I missing?
1659720378540.png

Zdub02

WKR
You are allowed to purchase a preference point during the open PP time frame if you did not draw your desired unit. You still have to purchase the PP for your desired animal. Use the Apply or Buy link at the wgf website to purchase your point. Hope this helps.

wapitibob

WKR
You were never automatically awarded a point when unsuccessful, you checked the “with point” option and the point fee was added or you checked the “without point” option.
As to why it was changed, too many nr thought the point was added before the draw and lit up their phones after the draw.

pirogue

WKR
Was probably WOGA’s idea to try to keep WY on the mind of hunters throughout more of the calendar year. They are in bed with the commission, so the change was easy.

Rich M

WKR
Yup. You want a pref point, you buy it. Simple.

Bs but how they do it. Wait til 90/10 hits.

Rich M

WKR
Gonna be awhile since it just got voted down
Amazing! A great thing.

Im still gonna carry thru w my exit strategy - that was too much for me. So, 1 less guy buying points and licenses in WY. Im sure it will be noticed. LoL!