Why not Savage?

bobhunts

WKR
You will not go wrong with a savage! In fact one of my best shooters is a Stevens .243. Real bad trigger but with hand loads it looks like the pic " hunting1 " posted out of a Lead Sled. I would have to look for the load data as I have it written in the cartridge case but man that little gem can shoot. Those guns shoot well as far as I have seen. I just bought a new Savage 30.06 off the web because of the box magazine and price and have not tried it out yet..but I'm sure I will not be dissapointed with it when I dial in a load for it. You will have a great shooter when you figure out what load your rifle likes. Bob.

Thanks Jarhead. I acutely found and read that entire thread. Just keeping my figures crossed at this point. Sounded to me like some of them come like this and some don't. Just hoping I get a good one.

I will post a review of the gun and the processes I went though to get those results in a couple of weeks after I get some range time with it.

Zack

I hope you do too. The main thing I would look for is if the barrel is free floating. My step dad just used a dremel and a light sandpaper roll and sanded it down. He is starting to get it dialed in now I think using H4350.