Why park at fuel/gas pumps?

OP
Billy Goat
Alright in the spirit of dialouge. I don't have a "my gas station". I pass probably 8 on my 6 mile drive to work. If one looks busy I'll move onto the next. Most places diesel is the minority and yes someone may or may not choose the only one with it when another is open. You never know what the station looked like when they pulled up, and let's be honest nobody is taking 30 minutes inside a gas station. If your on fumes that's on you. Plan better.

I'm the guy who will pull to the wrong side and pull the pump to the far side to get gas. In and out.

Now if you guys wanna harp on boat ramp etiquette I'm all aboard.

I don't get bothered by someone using the gas pump at a pump that has both gas and diesel. I started the thread over the fact people park minivans at the high Flo diesel lanes.

Then they go in and get subway, which yes, can take 30 minutes. Pretty ridiculous, haven't gotten a sub in years now.

Billinsd

WKR
Doesn't seem to happen as much as those who are done fueling and then go in and 'shop' for extended periods.
I leave my truck and go inside to the bathroom if there are plenty of open pumps. If It's crowded, I'll move to a parking spot. I never want to be holding up people in any situation if possible. Uncommon sense that used to be common.

Billinsd

WKR
I don't get bothered by someone using the gas pump at a pump that has both gas and diesel. I started the thread over the fact people park minivans at the high Flo diesel lanes.

Then they go in and get subway, which yes, can take 30 minutes. Pretty ridiculous, haven't gotten a sub in years now.
If a gas station is crowded and people leave their cars at the pump for extended periods, I find that offensive. I usually use the bathroom at gas stations, when traveling and will leave my car parked unless people are waiting on me.

Billinsd

WKR
I'm the guy who will pull to the wrong side and pull the pump to the far side to get gas. In and out.
I mostly get gas at Costco by my house. 32 pumps, one the biggest in the country. I pull up to whichever side is open, because the hoses are long and I can reach across the top of my truck. I see stations that have one entrance and one exit. It's very inconsiderate of people to drive in the wrong way, when there are signs. My Costco is incredibly efficient and there are green and red lights at the entrance of the pumps for people in line to see.

As a young driver I got an earful for using a diesel pump when there were 6 other pumps with regular. I had never considered what other fuel was at the pump besides the one that I needed.
If it has the fuel you need, you’re just as entitled to that pump as the next guy. Fuel up

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
When growing up I was taught to follow the rules and do good to society, essentially be perfect. After chasing that for years I realized something.... Its IMPOSSIBLE.

Nobody is or can do it. Those who act like they can are decieving you.

The majority of people don't care how they affect others and just put on a show to act like it. I gave up trying to appease the fake years ago.

Now, I'm thinking about being like the locals and just driving with my high beams on all the time.

Heck, I might even park in at the pumps now too(thanks for reminding me). No reason to deprive myself any longer of the greatness of America.

Take that!

ChrisAU

WKR
Yeah, I pull up and go pay.

Yes, I can pump then pay. I don't like swiping a card at the pump

So you're the guy that pulls up to the pump, gets out, and goes inside instead of pumping gas and getting out of the way. All because of something you like or don't like doing.

See how easily that can go the other way?

lol I don't care, I live in a small town and this is never an issue. When traveling I'm likely going into the store as well.

OP
Billy Goat
So you're the guy that pulls up to the pump, gets out, and goes inside instead of pumping gas and getting out of the way. All because of something you like or don't like doing.

See how easily that can go the other way?

lol I don't care, I live in a small town and this is never an issue. When traveling I'm likely going into the store as well.

What?

I'm not following.

I think you aren't understanding what I was quoting. I fill up, pull up, then go pay.

ChrisAU

WKR
What?

I'm not following.

I think you aren't understanding what I was quoting. I fill up, pull up, then go pay.

Ah. Most places the pump won't start without pre-paying around here. So you either swipe at the pump, or you have to go in before pumping.

I haven't been able to figure it out, for some reason people will tend to park at a fuel pump where I get fuel. If the spots in front of the store are taken, they just pull up and park at high flow diesel pumps. Always out of state, this time Georgia.

Anyone understand why? Twice I have said something to people, just alerting them to the fact it's a diesel pump, assuming minivans don't use it.

The response both times has been tge parking is full......

It's a huge parking area.

This common other places?
I always try not to unless I’m fueling and going inside. I at least pull to the forward most pump lol.