Why so many Kifaru packs for sale??

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I feel sorry for the “one and done” guys. If I couldn’t hunt the mountains every year... I’d have a mental breakdown
right? its amazing but there are a lot of guys out there who think living in kansas, iowa , florida etc is an acceptable way of life.

TheGDog

WKR
I wouldn’t able to handle the harassment from my buddies saying, “dude, what the hell are you wearing?”
Hrmm... that is a very troubling statement. Brother... NEVER let Haterade affect your decisions mang. You need to be able to get over this type of silly isht real damn quick.

You'd be surprised how damn quick those same ones poo-poo-ing this and that.... well son of a gun that didn't take long for them to see the wisdom in your choice in the matter and start doing it themselves! It's always the same with the Haters man.

The confidence with which you elect to do a thing and be an innovator, is what eventually makes doing that thing become all the rage with the duplicators, ya feel me?

Not meaning to ruffle your feathers or anything here, I hope you see the point I'm trying to convey.

A lot of kifaru owners are like some high end bow owners. They want the newest pack or bow every year so they sell one they don’t want anymore to help pay for it. I definitely am not in that category. Bought my reckoning with my duplex hunter frame 5 years ago and I plan on using it until it fits my son. They’re built as good as it gets in packs. They might have a couple ounces over a couple ultralight options but the robust zippers and other overbuilt portions of the pack are worth the tiny bit of extra weight. Mine is built like a tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s called Made in 🇺🇸 😉 personally I’m on my second Kifaru. I still have my DT1 bag with Duplex Light frame and no plans on selling it. still shooting my high end Bowtech D350 since 2009, also Made in 🇺🇸 btw, and consider it the greatest bow of all times. I bought an SR6 2 years ago with the intention of making my D350 my back up bow. The SR6 is collecting dust.

Lawnboi

WKR
Just my theory.
Kifaru has the perfect business model. Run a line of packs till it stops selling well, tweak and repeat. If you pay attention you see lots of similar designs coming and going. That combined with their following means a lot of second hand bags. People want the latest and greatest, even though one of their packs will last the average joe like myself many many years.

Im glad I’m still happy with my fulcrum, but do get tempted occasionally. Sometimes I just need to put on my blinders.

Iv owned 5 of their packs. Still own two. My fulcrum has been going for 4 seasons now along with the frame. 2021 it will be getting the nod again.

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
Hrmm... that is a very troubling statement. Brother... NEVER let Haterade affect your decisions mang. You need to be able to get over this type of silly isht real damn quick.

You'd be surprised how damn quick those same ones poo-poo-ing this and that.... well son of a gun that didn't take long for them to see the wisdom in your choice in the matter and start doing it themselves! It's always the same with the Haters man.

The confidence with which you elect to do a thing and be an innovator, is what eventually makes doing that thing become all the rage with the duplicators, ya feel me?

Not meaning to ruffle your feathers or anything here, I hope you see the point I'm trying to convey.
It was kind of a joke. I more so meant that even though it’s a small pack, the total package is too big for what I do. I have no option to try before I buy, nor do I know anyone that owns high end packs so off to the classifieds they go. Lol

TheGDog

WKR
Just my theory.
Kifaru has the perfect business model. Run a line of packs till it stops selling well, tweak and repeat. If you pay attention you see lots of similar designs coming and going.
Taking a page from the Nike playbook. Sucks man. If you ever find a pair of their shoes you think you dig on... you'd better buy yourself a pair or two, otherwise you'll never see it again. They know the majority of people are on that consumeristic new isht just to be able to claim and show socially they have the newest isht "thing". So that's why they purposefully never keep anything in rotation very long.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Just my theory.
Kifaru has the perfect business model. Run a line of packs till it stops selling well, tweak and repeat. If you pay attention you see lots of similar designs coming and going. That combined with their following means a lot of second hand bags. People want the latest and greatest, even though one of their packs will last the average joe like myself many many years.

Im glad I’m still happy with my fulcrum, but do get tempted occasionally. Sometimes I just need to put on my blinders.

Iv owned 5 of their packs. Still own two. My fulcrum has been going for 4 seasons now along with the frame. 2021 it will be getting the nod again.

I think the business model is even more perfect than that. They know damn well that they can come out with pretty much anything and people will ditch their 2 month old pack that has t even been out and get the new one.

MattB

WKR
I’m sorry you feel that way. I’m also sorry that you can’t see the point I was making which was comparing the 2 packs I have.

I’ll also add that perhaps you should have continued reading. My SG bag is larger than the kifaru bag, both packs have 2 belt pockets and both packs have lids.

Let the grown ups talk, save your comments for after you’ve got your information right.
LOL at you being the arbiter of who is a grown up.

I will admit that I did not read the full thread, but that doesn't change the fact that your comment was misguided and you are either too obstinate to admit it or too dull to understand. Making a comment comparing the 2 packs you had would have been fine. Making a general statement about the lines based on the 2 specific packs you have - esp with the tactical frame on the Kifaru which makes that about as heavy a Kifaru pack as you can buy? Not so much.

Are the SG systems cheaper and lighter than a comparable Kifaru system?
cheaper, not really. Lighter, yes. My SG 7900 is right about 4lbs lighter than a kifaru fulcrum on a tactical frame with pockets/lid.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
LOL at you being the arbiter of who is a grown up.

I will admit that I did not read the full thread, but that doesn't change the fact that your comment was misguided and you are either too obstinate to admit it or too dull to understand. Making a comment comparing the 2 packs you had would have been fine. Making a general statement about the lines based on the 2 specific packs you have - esp with the tactical frame on the Kifaru which makes that about as heavy a Kifaru pack as you can buy? Not so much.

cheaper, not really. Lighter, yes. My SG 7900 is right about 4lbs lighter than a kifaru fulcrum on a tactical frame with pockets/lid.

I’m not sure what point you are trying to make or if you are intentionally trying to be ignorant but I have stated at least half a dozen times that my intention was to compare the two packs that I have.

If me stating that so many times isn’t good enough for you then I don’t know what to say. Thank you though, I needed to remember how to find the ignore feature....it’s great for people like you who simply want to argue.

Rock-o

WKR
There is probably a stunning number of $700 packs that never get more than half a mile from the truck, if they ever get in the field at all.
I bought my first maybe mid-year 2020 and so far I have the most bad ass range bag! And it makes a good rifle rest when prone.

Someone help me understand...Why do I see so many Kifaru packs for sale in the classifieds?? I don’t currently own a Kifaru, all though I have been contemplating buying one.
Is it because there are so many out there or are there other reasons? I just don’t see near as many Exo, Kuiu, or the other top tier packs up for sale.

Once one purchases a Kifaru pack, they tend to remain a Kifaru customer for life.

The large number of Kifaru packs in the classified section, are likely from people who are selling the pack to finance the purchase of another Kifaru pack.

Some people may need a larger pack, others may need to downsize to a smaller pack. Since Kifaru products aren't cheap, selling a pack helps to finance a new purchase.

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
Aron has discussed discontinuing packs in multiple podcasts as well as the need to make decisions based upon the best thing for the company long term. They have so many packs that sell great but some just aren't worth keeping around any longer and with newer packs around the corner it doesn't make financial sense to keep them around to just sell a dozen or two each year.

Also remember that much of their modern hunting pack technology and designs are derived from special operations groups utilizing and tweaking their packs. They take a pack already in production and tweak it for their uses, which Kifaru sees as a notable upgrade and it gets the nod for a new version. Couple of good podcasts with Aron discussing this sort of thing with his lead designer.

They aren't just a hunting pack company.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aron has discussed discontinuing packs in multiple podcasts as well as the need to make decisions based upon the best thing for the company long term. They have so many packs that sell great but some just aren't worth keeping around any longer and with newer packs around the corner it doesn't make financial sense to keep them around to just sell a dozen or two each year.

Also remember that much of their modern hunting pack technology and designs are derived from special operations groups utilizing and tweaking their packs. They take a pack already in production and tweak it for their uses, which Kifaru sees as a notable upgrade and it gets the nod for a new version. Couple of good podcasts with Aron discussing this sort of thing with his lead designer.

They aren't just a hunting pack company.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That doesn't make sense to me. They have the pattern already. When you order a pack they sew it. Unless they are doing away with cordura material or something, it doesn't make sense to say it is no longer practical. It shouldn't matter what pack you order. If the argument was old pack styles compete against new styles on the market- I might could see that. But if old styles bite into the new styles market share- well then, maybe the old style is what they should keep making?
Either way, not my company, so they will do as they will.

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
That doesn't make sense to me. They have the pattern already. When you order a pack they sew it. Unless they are doing away with cordura material or something, it doesn't make sense to say it is no longer practical. It shouldn't matter what pack you order. If the argument was old pack styles compete against new styles on the market- I might could see that. But if old styles bite into the new styles market share- well then, maybe the old style is what they should keep making?
Either way, not my company, so they will do as they will.
Yes, they have the pattern already, but the setup time required for the layups, the sewing time, etc...all of that plays into the bigger picture. When laying up the fabric for a specific bag, they cut multiples of the same pattern at once by adding layers. For instance, laying up fabric for 25 sets of a certain bag takes up the same machine space as 2 sets of another bag. When they're pumping out bags as fast as they can make them, it simply boils down to machine time management and efficiency.

There are also YouTube vids of Aron walking through their shop discussing this very aspect of running their business. It works for them.

That said, with Aron's recent acquisition of the company from Patrick and his increase in funding from his business partners, they're focusing much more on being able to turn items around much quicker. He mentioned moving to a larger building to facilitate increasing the throughput and reduce fulfillment times. Recent spikes in popularity from interviews with Joe Rogan and such probably doesn't help reduce their backlog.

Sadler

WKR
I’m one of the guys that has bought and sold a few on here while looking for the perfect one, for me. I really liked the reckoning but sold it because of the open top side pockets and then boom, the Hoodlum comes along and the only reason I’d want to sell this one is if they made an Xpac version.

I’m one of the guys that has bought and sold a few on here while looking for the perfect one, for me. I really liked the reckoning but sold it because of the open top side pockets and then boom, the Hoodlum comes along and the only reason I’d want to sell this one is if they made an Xpac version.
An xpac hoodlum but with a horseshoe zipper and bump it to 7900 in size.
Take my money now