Why so many Kifaru packs for sale??

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Your comparison is like comparing a 1/2 ton suburban to a 1 ton dually because you own both.

That’s a ridiculous thing to say, you should be embarrassed. Both packs are almost identical in size, both packs have a lid, both packs are on 26” frames....but hey, let’s not compare packs with similar specs....

But 1/2 ton vs dually.....maybe do some research before you type.

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
That’s a ridiculous thing to say, you should be embarrassed. Both packs are almost identical in size, both packs have a lid, both packs are on 26” frames....but hey, let’s not compare packs with similar specs....

But 1/2 ton vs dually.....maybe do some research before you type.
Haha, ok but you seem to be the only one that doesn’t get your comparing apples to oranges. And I’m not a Kifaru fan boy yet still can see the difference.

I do still have a Kifaru 7000ci bag with lid laying around that weighs less then 2lbs, my Kifaru ultra lite duplex is what 2lbs. It collects dust as I prefer my EXO. But yes throw the heaviest options and compare them to the lightest of a competitor 🤦‍♂️ But your nuts or uninformed if you think every Kifaru 7k+ setup weighs 10lbs. Kifaru does allow you many many options that can up weight but that’s on you.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Haha, ok but you seem to be the only one that doesn’t get your comparing apples to oranges. And I’m not a Kifaru fan boy yet still can see the difference.

I do still have a Kifaru 7000ci bag with lid laying around that weighs less then 2lbs, my Kifaru ultra lite duplex is what 2lbs. It collects dust as I prefer my EXO. But yes throw the heaviest options and compare them to the lightest of a competitor 🤦‍♂️ But your nuts or uninformed if you think every Kifaru 7k+ setup weighs 10lbs. Kifaru does allow you many many options that can up weight but that’s on you.

Again, how is comparing bags of similar size,
Set up in a similar manner apples to oranges??? It’s like people can’t comprehend comparing anything to a kifaru.

I mean I feel like I’m talking to a wall on this one....one bag is 7800ci, one is 7900ci, both come on 26” frames and both have the factory lids....hell, both of them even have one pouch on the belt.....but it’s apples to oranges because they are from different companies??? What the hell....

tdhanses

WKR
Again, how is comparing bags of similar size,
Set up in a similar manner apples to oranges??? It’s like people can’t comprehend comparing anything to a kifaru.

I mean I feel like I’m talking to a wall on this one....one bag is 7800ci, one is 7900ci, both come on 26” frames and both have the factory lids....hell, both of them even have one pouch on the belt.....but it’s apples to oranges because they are from different companies??? What the hell....
Well you can’t teach the uninformed or stubborn and we can’t help you there.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Well you can’t teach the uninformed or stubborn and we can’t help you there.

I would direct that right back at you. If you aren’t capable of comparing 2 packs of equal sizes from 2 different companies than you probably shouldn’t reproduce.

Feel free though to show me a setup from kifaru that is currently being produced that is 7900ci with a 26” frame, lid, and belt pouch that weighs 6lbs though.

There's a lot of hunting "fashionistas" out there too.

Kifaru packs are among the finest constructed and designed packs in the world and their are an infinite number of ways to customize them. Those who invest in such high end gear don't do it for "fashion"...they do it for function. From time to time an upgrade is in order and an older pack may be collecting dust...they retain their value better than most packs so the entire pack (or parts of it) get advertised here cuz Rokslide is the premiere forum for such gear. If you bother to look, you'll also find a crap ton of WTB Kifaru posts. That's why you see more Kifaru ads...they have been selling quality gear forever and there is a lot of Kifaru product out there. I've benefitted from this website countless times, finding discontinued components I wanted here. in the classifieds. Something to be thankful for.

tdhanses

WKR
I would direct that right back at you. If you aren’t capable of comparing 2 packs of equal sizes from 2 different companies than you probably shouldn’t reproduce.

Feel free though to show me a setup from kifaru that is currently being produced that is 7900ci with a 26” frame, lid, and belt pouch that weighs 6lbs though.
Haha, you probably think a 1/2ton short box pickup is as capable as a 3/4ton short box since you couldn’t follow the other analogy, this example has the exact same bed for you. I’m not going to show you, you seem internet capable but then again maybe not.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Haha, you probably think a 1/2ton short box pickup is as capable as a 3/4ton short box since you couldn’t follow the other analogy, this example has the exact same bed for you. I’m not going to show you, you seem internet capable but then again maybe not.
I dont think any such thing about pickup trucks. I'm sorry that comparing 2 packs of equal size from 2 different companies is so hard for you. Also, the example you are using is moot because while both the trucks you mentioned may not be equally capable, the 2 packs that I mentioned are absolutely equally capable, neither can do anything the other can't, unlike the lame example you are using. You should be embarassed that i need to point that out for you. maybe come up with better examples next time you feel such a need to dig up a thread from months ago to try (and fail) to make a point.

Also, again,feel free to show me where kifaru makes a 7900ci pack, on a 26" frame with a lid and belt pouch and is currently in production that weighs 6lbs....you can't.

tdhanses

WKR
I dont think any such thing about pickup trucks. I'm sorry that comparing 2 packs of equal size from 2 different companies is so hard for you. Also, the example you are using is moot because while both the trucks you mentioned may not be equally capable, the 2 packs that I mentioned are absolutely equally capable, neither can do anything the other can't, unlike the lame example you are using. You should be embarassed that i need to point that out for you. maybe come up with better examples next time you feel such a need to dig up a thread from months ago to try (and fail) to make a point.

Also, again,feel free to show me where kifaru makes a 7900ci pack, on a 26" frame with a lid and belt pouch and is currently in production that weighs 6lbs....you can't.
Well for example, your Fulcrum bag only is 3lbs 7oz, your SG 7900 is 3lbs bag only. Maybe you can figure out the rest but if you think the SG frame is the same as the Kifaru tactical that could be your problem. The SG frame is more similar to the duplex lite which is 3lbs. So right there is 6lbs 7oz, a belt pocket weighs a few more ounces. There is no reason to have your setup at 10lbs unless you made bad choices in options. Get the 7k muskeg and your under 6lbs with the Kifaru.

There are older bags as well under 3lbs that you could of bought. The Kifaru tactical frame is a 3/4ton, the SG frame and Kifaru duplex lite are 1/2ton frames.

Also the Kifaru Crater is 8k and weighs less then the fulcrum you have at 3lbs 4oz, so 4oz heavier then your 7900, show me where you get your 4lbs of Weight since frame and bag are just over 6lbs and with tactical frame just over 7lbs.

So in comparing the biggest SG bag to the biggest Kifaru bag there is a 4oz diff for bag only, no lid or belt pockets.

Directly from SG for the 7900:
  • Weight - 6lb 1oz on Medium Xcurve, bag only weighs 3lb
So the Kifaru duplex lite with 8k crater bag weighs 3oz more.

Kifaru specs
Crater Specs

Weight: 3 lbs 4oz / 1.47kg

Duplex Frame Lite (1/8″ Frame Sheet)
– Five tab loop attachment points along both sides of the frame
– Load lifter straps adjust quickly and easily
– Removable lumbar pad
– Weight: 26″ frame 3lbs (composite stays)

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Well for example, your Fulcrum bag only is 3lbs 7oz, your SG 7900 is 3lbs bag only. Maybe you can figure out the rest but if you think the SG frame is the same as the Kifaru tactical that could be your problem. The SG frame is more similar to the duplex lite which is 3lbs. So right there is 6lbs 7oz, a belt pocket weighs a few more ounces. There is no reason to have your setup at 10lbs unless you made bad choices in options. Get the 7k muskeg and your under 6lbs with the Kifaru.

There are older bags as well under 3lbs that you could of bought. The Kifaru tactical frame is a 3/4ton, the SG frame and Kifaru duplex lite are 1/2ton frames.

Also the Kifaru Crater is 8k and weighs less then the fulcrum you have at 3lbs 4oz, so 4oz heavier then your 7900, show me where you get your 4lbs of Weight since frame and bag are just over 6lbs and with tactical frame just over 7lbs.

The muskeg huh?? So a smaller bag to meet the weight of the stone glacier....thanks for proving my point.

It’s perplexing that people can be so ridiculous. For all the trash taking and crappy comparisons, not one person has been able to show how they can get a kifaru setup that it 7900ci, has a lid, 26” frame and a belt pouch down to the weight of my stone glacier. You say it’s ridiculous but you can’t do it, you mention smaller bags and bags that are no longer in production so again, your point is moot.

And no, I won’t show you anything as I’m not the one who actually cares. I also have better things to do on a Saturday night than argue about backpacks on the internet with some basement dweller, I’m actually going to get up early and put one of my packs to use unlike....well you get it.

tdhanses

WKR
The muskeg huh?? So a smaller bag to meet the weight of the stone glacier....thanks for proving my point.

It’s perplexing that people can be so ridiculous. For all the trash taking and crappy comparisons, not one person has been able to show how they can get a kifaru setup that it 7900ci, has a lid, 26” frame and a belt pouch down to the weight of my stone glacier. You say it’s ridiculous but you can’t do it, you mention smaller bags and bags that are no longer in production so again, your point is moot.

And no, I won’t show you anything as I’m not the one who actually cares. I also have better things to do on a Saturday night than argue about backpacks on the internet with some basement dweller, I’m actually going to get up early and put one of my packs to use unlike....well you get it.
It’s perplexing a larger Kifaru bag, the Crater weighing 4oz more then the 7900 you can‘t comprehend, also amazing that the fulcrum at 7oz more then the 7900 equals 4lbs more bag to bag only weight since that’s what you want to compare.

I‘m not even a Kifaru fan but since you can’t comprehend what even the manufactures say I’ll let you be with a 🤦‍♂️

I just did, amazing how you think Kifarus are 4lbs heavier then an SG, I never said a Kifaru was lighter weight I said your crazy to think you can’t get similar in weight, not exact or less.

Of course you won’t show anything because your 4lb heavier comment is complete BS.

Good for you, while your off alone I’ll be taking my kids to their baseball games but I’m not selfish and have higher priorities then acting like a badass on the internet, go get that pack dirty.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It’s perplexing a larger Kifaru bag, the Crater weighing 4oz more then the 7900 you can comprehend, also amazing that the fulcrum at 7oz more then the 7900 equals 4lbs more bag to bag only weight since that’s what you want to compare.

I‘m not even a Kifaru fan but since you can’t comprehend what even the manufactures say I’ll let you be with a 🤦‍♂️

I’ll just end this here and say that you should probably get a life, there are far better things to get bent out of shape about than what some guys opinion between 2 packs he owns and has used extensively thinks. I’m not trying to be rude but the facts remain the same:

-2 packs from different companies
-both have 26” frames
-they are similar in size (7800 vs 7900)
-both have a lid
-both have one belt pouch.

One weighs more than the other.....sorry that facts are so upsetting to you. But it is what it is.

tdhanses

WKR
I’ll just end this here and say that you should probably get a life, there are far better things to get bent out of shape about than what some guys opinion between 2 packs he owns and has used extensively thinks. I’m not trying to be rude but the facts remain the same:

-2 packs from different companies
-both have 26” frames
-they are similar in size (7800 vs 7900)
-both have a lid
-both have one belt pouch.

One weighs more than the other.....sorry that facts are so upsetting to you. But it is what it is.
Haha, I’m not bent out of shape, sorry you don’t like being proven wrong for giving out bad information.

Sorry your facts don’t add up to 4lbs different.

KHNC

WKR
What seek outside pack do you have? I'm trying to decide between kifaru and seek
I have a Unaweep, and a Peregrine. I started with the Unaweep. The Peregrine is a much better choice in my opinion. Its really light while hunting and will carry a heavy load. Packed 4 bulls and 5-6 bucks out with it over the last several years.

MightyMatt

Lil-Rokslider
It’s because we like to try the gear and don’t always get to see it in person before buying. What one doesn’t like about a pack, another one loves. Plus, we buy on impulse sometimes. (Or more than sometimes.....).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I bought a full Kifaru pack on impulse I would be without a pulse shortly after my wife seen the credit card statement.. In all seriousness they are really great packs but like others have said what is perfect to one might be not so great to another. I have a Shapecharge, Stryker, and a Stryker XL. I got the Stryker and needed a little more room but my dad loved the standard Stryker. I don't typically buy and sell a bunch of stuff but I have picked up some gently used items off of here.