Wide Boots for Goofy Feet

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to help my dad find a pair of shoes/boots. He's looking for something like a low hiking boot or walking shoe. I'm thinking 6 inches or lower. Problem is his feet are messed up bad. He has to wear extra wide sizes because of his giant bunions on the inside of each big toe. I'd post a picture of his feet but I don't think anyone wants to see that lol. He also has had 2 knee replacements so he really needs to get some good shoes in my opinion. He wears new balance size 10.5 4E. He needs something waterproof, comfortable for walking, very wide toe box but not sloppy everywhere else. It's going to be real hard to convince him to spend more than $100 to $150. BUT I know the importance of good quality boots and I'm trying to get him to quit wasting his money on boots/shoes like his new balance that are going to wear out in a year. I personally think he should try something with more support but still lightweight, like Kenetrek hardscrabble hikers or Crispi Thor. Also trying to convince him to try the Lathrop and Son's custom system. But I'm afraid that's a bit of a losing battle.

Any suggestions?

LaGriz

WKR
Might look into some mid-height Keen's. I find they have a wide to box and are very light weight. I too have some hard to fit feet. If $ don't count, he could get a custom boot from Russell Moccasin. The price has me holding off on there line of boots for the moment. LaGriz