Wide mountaineering boots

I've been wearing Scarpa Grand Drus for the last three years. Friggin awesome boots! But with my thick Sheep Feet they're too narrow.

I really really love how stiff this boot is and the synthetic materials and how much support they have.

But I can't find a wide boot that's similar to this. The only thing I can find are full leathers.

So that being said I've had wide Kenetreks... They were um OK..

I see Hanwag and Lowa make a leather wide boot. The Tibet seems to have a great reputation. Crispi isn't a hard no.

Any other options? I probably don't "need" that stuff of a boot but dang I've grown to love the Grand Dru! I'm already a half size up so going longer isn't the right call. Just need a different wider boot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
Have you ever stuffed your foot into a Lowa mountaineering boot? If you have them available I’d look into it. I have the Cevedale EVO GTX and just recently the Alpine Expert GTX. The Cevedale has a bit more rocker in it so flat ground hiking isn’t so “jarring”.

Personally, I won’t go back to anything else, ever. But that’s just what works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TradLife406
Have you ever stuffed your foot into a Lowa mountaineering boot? If you have them available I’d look into it. I have the Cevedale EVO GTX and just recently the Alpine Expert GTX. The Cevedale has a bit more rocker in it so flat ground hiking isn’t so “jarring”.

Personally, I won’t go back to anything else, ever. But that’s just what works for me.

I think Scheels and maybe our local mountian store has Lowa. They're on the top of the list! I haven't heard anything bad about them.

I know a lot of guys like softer boots and even running shoes. I do too. But not for hunting. Even on the prairie I find myself doing a lot of side hilling and really needing the support.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Meindl Vakuum hunters come in a wide and have. Wide toe box. They are pretty stiff as well; stiffer than Crispi Nevada’s for sure.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Zamberlan makes several boots in wide. They make great boots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

not sure if they have boots in your mountaineering category but I have a wide foot (4E) and have had good luck with crispi.