Widest boot?

I just tried the crispi nevada with no luck. I'm sure there are some guys here with some wide feet. What are the widest boots you guys have found? I'm going to give lathrop and sons a call tomorrow to pick their brains too

Danner actually makes 4E in some models like the Acadia. I mean REAL wide boots unlike what others claim as wide. 2E may be wide to some but not to us hobbit folks. I wore the Danner Acadias for three years in the army on cooler days when jungle boots were a bit too minimal. Comfortable and lasted very well.

I've gone to boots from L&S for hiking and hunting because of foot problems that require me to wear very stiff boots. I wear the L&S Mountain Hunter and I have to use a size up because they don't come wider than 2E.

When I'm not hunting and hiking I use shoes and boots from New Balance. They have a wide variety of 4E width shoes and boots (look on Amazon). Wish I could have been more helpful. Finding wide boots have always been a PITA.

By the way, I currently wear the Danner combat hikers in wide. I think they call the civilian version the Crater rim. I wear them elk hunting with a ruck and they do just fine. Very comfortable.

They are 2E but feel quite good width wise, and much better than my Lowa Tibet’s in terms of width.

I literally have to wear thin wool socks and use no foot pad in my Tibet’s to reduce the lateral pressure on my feet.

Don’t get me wrong, Tibet’s are great boots but they are not quite as roomy as the danners.

I also get zero heel slippage in the Danners. They just fit me better.

I mainly wear the Tibet’s if I know I’m going to be in colder conditions with a full ruck. They are definitely a better packing boot.

Woodrow F Call

Lil-Rokslider
I have problems with many boots being too narrow for me.

I have found the danner pronghorn to be quite comfortable.

Danner actually makes 4E in some models like the Acadia. I mean REAL wide boots unlike what others claim as wide. 2E may be wide to some but not to us hobbit folks. I wore the Danner Acadias for three years in the army on cooler days when jungle boots were a bit too minimal. Comfortable and lasted very well.

I have a EEE foot and the Crispi Thor’s and Idaho’s work for me. Not sure if they are wider than the Nevada’s.

Like Conrad, I got introduced to danners in the army. Acadias and ft Lewis go devils were my go to for a lot of years in colder weather. I still have a couple of pair and those combat hikers he mentions. I can confirm that they make up to a 6E size in some styles. Their wide is big enough width for me but I don’t find their toe boxes to be overly roomy, especially if I add a super foot insole. If I hadnt found the crispis mine would be seeing a lot more use. They are great boots, if not on the leading edge of technology.

Mike7

WKR
The Asolo powermatics I have are comparable to New Balance/Dunham 4E sizing with just a tiny bit of boot stretching.

The older Zamberlan Viozz (can't say for sure on the newer versions) were about a New Balance 3E, but they don't stretch much. I think they have a newer lighter version option with thinner leather though that might stretch.

The Salomon 4d Quests are about 2-3E in NewBalance sizing, but easily stretch to 3-4E.

OP
Eltigreblanco
I spoke with the guys at crispi and they recommended the wyoming so I'm going to give that a shot. If the Wyoming's dont fit lathrop and sons recommended the lowa tibet. The cost to have custom fit boots from lathrop and sons was a little out of my budget

Lowa Tibet’s even in wide, don’t feel wide to me or my brother, but we are of hoplite origin via the Peloponnese.

My wife uses another phrase to describe our Mediterranean heritage that’s not PC and would get me banned here.

Last edited:
OP
Eltigreblanco
I've had no luck with danner. Tried their work boots and hikers and they killed my feet

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
The Crispi Valdres wide finally worked for me in a lightweight boot at least. I did break down and go Lathrop and Sons wide Mountain Hunter for a heavy duty boot and it seems to be working out. I only have maybe 30 miles on them so far but seem to just be getting better.