Widows!

Ratbeetle

WKR
Many years ago, I had a Widow PCHX made as a undergrad graduation present to myself. A year later with a new bride, a new mortgage and a still weak labor market I needed cash more than I needed that gorgeous bow so I decided to sell it off.

Imagine my surprise when last year I stumbled across a strikingly similar bow for sale on a trad forum. After a few emails back and forth, I confirmed it was indeed my previous bow. Unfortunately for me I wasn't in a position to buy it back. A new baby and a new job meant no frivolous purchases for me.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Out of the blue I emailed the guy who had it for sale last year figuring it was probbaly long gone.

This time the stars aligned. He still had it and I had some free cash. Ten years later, my PCH is back in my hands but now with some cool history.

I sold it to a gentleman in Texas and repurchased it from another gentleman in Alaska! And now it even has a mt. goat kill under its belt! What a trip.

Let's see some more widows!0324201513.jpg0324201510.jpg

that is very cool!!!

i bet you don't sell that bow again! that bow is meant to be yours. what are the specs of that bow?

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
Thats a cool story...and neat bow.

All i'm seeing is gloss on that thing in the pics...can't really see the woods....

__

The riser woods are dark and blend a bit with the phenolic. That and the light in my basement isn't the best. Really need some sunlight.

Great story and beautiful bow, mate.

I'm lucky in that my first ever traditional bow was a Black Widow PCH. A friend of mine had too many bows and was looking to get rid of a few. He gave me this PCH, telling me there is a slight chance the limbs were twisted, as every 20 or 30 shots, the string would come off. He also said it might be an issue with the string.

Anyhow, I got the bow, but being new to the sport, 65# @ 28 was far more than I could handle, so I asked around some internet buddies and one of them knew a bloke in the USA who had a pair of 54# @ 28 limbs for sale. He sold them to me for a good price, I got them shipped over here to Australia, and I've been shooting it ever since.

First ever kill.

Second ever kill.

I got the above two hunts on video but I'll share this one of me at the range instead.

That's an awesome story and I am happy for you that it turned out the way it did!

I have a few Widows and they are fantastic works of Art that I enjoy shooting quite a bit, especially from now until the end of June!

9zBRSO.jpg

eP0u3l.jpg

I've never seen one of my many sold bows back on the market. Of course I've never looked for them or tried to get one back.

I did get rid of a girlfriend once, and then take her back later. That one left some marks.

🤣

Those all-black MB Widows have a coolness about them. No-nonsense kind of look. We used to say that Ken Beck named it the MB because it was a meat bow. I had one exactly like it back in the '80s and hunted the heck out of it. Ended up selling it and.....hey....wait a minute!.....😵

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
I've never seen one of my many sold bows back on the market. Of course I've never looked for them or tried to get one back.

I did get rid of a girlfriend once, and then take her back later. That one left some marks.

🤣

I'd much prefer a used bow to a used girlfriend...;)

Those all-black MB Widows have a coolness about them. No-nonsense kind of look. We used to say that Ken Beck named it the MB because it was a meat bow. I had one exactly like it back in the '80s and hunted the heck out of it. Ended up selling it and.....hey....wait a minute!.....😵

60# @ 30. This a 96 model I believe.

Had a bead on one from the 80's that was 60# @ 28.

BAKPAKR

WKR
That's an awesome story and I am happy for you that it turned out the way it did!

I have a few Widows and they are fantastic works of Art that I enjoy shooting quite a bit, especially from now until the end of June!

9zBRSO.jpg

eP0u3l.jpg

I really like The Fortunate Hunter II.