Wife got it done tonight...

Broomd

WKR
My wife hadn't hunted deer this year. After getting her first elk--a huge cow--she wasn't feeling like hitting the whitetail stand.
I've been heading out every night for over two weeks, and after not seeing a single antlered deer in that time, I was glad she told me she wanted to head out for a couple of nights. She killed a helluva 6.5 y/o buck last year and I know she really has the golden touch. My wife lives and dies with her doe bleat can, she works that thing non-stop whilst on stand, I, in contrast typically stay quiet. She kills more and better deer for her time on stand in comparison.

This afternoon she had only been on stand for ten minutes (3:10 pm) working that call when this fine 4x4 buck came from 200 yards down the deep snowy trail like he was on a string. One shot from her .308 Kimber had him finished.

I never knew it, but when I walked home from our 'back 40' stand at dark, she was home and informed me of her success. I had wondered why I heard some horn honking from what sounded like our house!
We loaded up on the wheeler and she led me the couple of miles up into the high country to her buck.

After an elk apiece and her buck I'll hang up my Forbes .308 until next year. We have more venison than we need and we'll be sharing meat with two local families.
Gotta love a wife that hunts!

Btw...she really likes the new 2-10x32mm SWFA 8 oz. ultralight scope I popped on her stick...that rifle is 5lbs 6oz. and deadly as heck.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_fb3.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_fb3.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

F250

FNG
Congratulations to your wife. My wife also uses the bleat call with great success. Just a couple hours into the season last weekend, she called in a nice buck after it ran past her chasing a doe. That buck is in the freezer !

LostArra

WKR
Congratulations!
I'm glad to hear that doe bleat can works. I used it once and terrified some deer so I quit. I may give it a second chance.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Congratulations!
I'm glad to hear that doe bleat can works. I used it once and terrified some deer so I quit. I may give it a second chance.
Thanks fellas.
LA, I completely hear ya. I use the damn thing but I feel like I gotta be scaring every living thing outta the woods. Quiet and still just seems like deer hunting to me.

The first time wife ever used that can in 2010 she shot a 140s 4x4! I can't get it out of her hand....

Randle

WKR
Congrats to the wifey. Good buck.
I use the can call with mixed results. Killed a couple good bucks while using it but I had also been rattling

Last edited:
My wife hadn't hunted deer this year. After getting her first elk--a huge cow--she wasn't feeling like hitting the whitetail stand.
I've been heading out every night for over two weeks, and after not seeing a single antlered deer in that time, I was glad she told me she wanted to head out for a couple of nights. She killed a helluva 6.5 y/o buck last year and I know she really has the golden touch. My wife lives and dies with her doe bleat can, she works that thing non-stop whilst on stand, I, in contrast typically stay quiet. She kills more and better deer for her time on stand in comparison.

This afternoon she had only been on stand for ten minutes (3:10 pm) working that call when this fine 4x4 buck came from 200 yards down the deep snowy trail like he was on a string. One shot from her .308 Kimber had him finished.

I never knew it, but when I walked home from our 'back 40' stand at dark, she was home and informed me of her success. I had wondered why I heard some horn honking from what sounded like our house!
We loaded up on the wheeler and she led me the couple of miles up into the high country to her buck.

After an elk apiece and her buck I'll hang up my Forbes .308 until next year. We have more venison than we need and we'll be sharing meat with two local families.

Btw...she really likes the new 2-10x32mm SWFA 8 oz. ultralight scope I popped on her stick...that rifle is 5lbs 6oz. and deadly as heck.
Well done and congrats.

Con

Btw...she really likes the new 2-10x32mm SWFA 8 oz. ultralight scope I popped on her stick...that rifle is 5lbs 6oz. and deadly as hec

Well done!!!!!!