Wife's first deer

So because we are staring down the long wait until next fall, I thought I would post up my wife's first successful hunt. She has gone with me as a spectator a couple of times but this past year she decided it was her turn. We spent some time at the range over the summer and I watched an ag field pretty heavily waiting for the right time to take her.

The day came and we head out for an afternoon hunt. I had spent several days watching this area and had the doe I wanted her to take on a schedule. And as luck would have it the doe stuck to the schedule like I gave her a watch. The doe came out with plenty of day light, along with three of her friends. The wife was surprisingly calm as we got her adjusted on the rifle, I whispered some coaching tips to her again and she made the shot perfectly. The doe made it about 10 yards before falling over in plain sight. I still had to assure my wife that she In fact did get her. Then the hands started to shake and her voice started to quiver. What a sight that was.

4055a956cd0b50d9c221f579c958a7a4.jpg

62215b80e8d0f3f1360a8c3a21cd36ca.jpg

She now takes great pride in reminding me that it's her deer every time we pull some meat out of the freezer. I'm tempted to remind her that I shot one too, buts it's just too much fun to see her face light up, so I nod and agree.

rhendrix

WKR
Awesome man, I wish I could get my wife into hunting. Sadly, she doesn't like venison!

That is awesome and what a fantastic smile. The look on her face in the photo's really is special. Thanks for sharing. Tell her congratulations from members of this forum!

What rifle did she use?

David

OP
M
That is awesome and what a fantastic smile. The look on her face in the photo's really is special. Thanks for sharing. Tell her congratulations from members of this forum!

What rifle did she use?

David

Hey David,

She was using my 7mm-08. I have really fallen in love with that gun. Plan on taking it out west this year for my first antelope.

Thanks all. She is already telling me that she wants a buck next season, we shall see.

peddler

Lil-Rokslider
My wife has hunted with me for about 25 years, if I didn't bring her the guys would send me home. She always used a Rem. 760 but a few years ago she decided she would like to get a bolt action. So that season I let her use my Model 7MS and she loved it. The following season I got her the new Savage Lady Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor. The 760 doesn't live here any longer.

d500lnn

Lil-Rokslider
I wish my wife was more involved(well sometimes) with my love and passion...hunting. Congrats on your wife's first deer. Awesome little round for deer sized game. One of my favorites!