WIFI freezer alarms?

JohnB

WKR
I just purchased an Inkbird that was linked above. I'll try to remember to update in a couple months about what I think of it. Seems promising.

OP
pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Keep reporting in, I have drug my feet on this but want to get something sooner than later.

I'm more concerned about a freezer dying or tripping and going unnoticed vs power outage which is fairly obvious. :)

I have a 15 cubic foot freezer and a 10 cubic foot freezer.
I use one, depending on how much meat we have and keep it at 100 percent capacity.
If the power goes out, I don't open the freezer and for at least 48 hours everything stays frozen.
We have a generator, but that doe not help if we are gone for a couple days.

I have 14cuft uprights full at the moment and a 7cuft chest empty that I can rotate in as needed.

Keep reporting in, I have drug my feet on this but want to get something sooner than later.

I'm more concerned about a freezer dying or tripping and going unnoticed vs power outage which is fairly obvious. :)

I have 14cuft uprights full at the moment and a 7cuft chest empty that I can rotate in as needed.
I do use a $20 alarm I got from Amazon runs on a battery and displays the inside/outside temperature.
It sounds an alarm if the temperature gets above -10F, and works if the power goes off but it is not wirelesss,
so useful only if I'm in the house. But paired with a WIFI temperature sensor, best of both worlds.

DDD

FNG
Curious about this I lost probably 50lbs of deer, bear, and salmon earlier this year. Great info thanks.