wiggy's single person bivy

LiquidGib

FNG
Anyone try the wiggy's bivy? - Single Person Bivy Shelter

I have been planning to get a Hilleberg Akto or Soulo but it's taking a while to save up for it. Wondering if this bivy + a tarp would do for now. I have a wiggy's sleeping bag and it is pretty bombproof, wondering if this bivy would be as well. And it's only 2.25lbs. Hoping someone out there has some experience with it to share.

dog812

WKR
There is other tents around that price range that would be better then a bivy. B.a. Fly creek ul1 is same price or cheaper used and same weight, but you get a full tent to move around in.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Daniel_M

WKR
You can buy a TiGoat Bivy and a MountainSmith LT Shelter for $40 less and a few ounces lighter, and end up with more versatility and storage space. (y)

sneaky

"DADDY"
You can buy a TiGoat Bivy and a MountainSmith LT Shelter for $40 less and a few ounces lighter, and end up with more versatility and storage space. (y)

Only problem with that is the LT has a huge footprint compared to the bivy shelter, and you can get the Wiggy's in an insulated bivy version that means you can carry a lighter bag, pitch in tighter spots and roll everything up together and go.

Deere83

Lil-Rokslider
If you're not in the bivy you'll want to cover it with a tarp, a few years ago we had elk come through camp and took off in a hurry, while we were out it rained hard and my brother in law still laughs about me wringing water out of my sleeping bag, insulated bivy and their insulated pad. But you have to give credit to synthetic insulation because when I woke up the whole dang mess was dry.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I run a Tigoat Ptarmigan and a EE Conundrum hybrid bag/quilt with a SO DST tarp early and for scouting . I see the wiggy is free standing and has tiedowns all good ideas . Only thing is its a little heavy for size but if it works for you good deal . Later in the year I use a SO Redcliffe w/ a stove and its only about 9 lbs and lots of room for everything. Bivy+Bag +tarp= Light , easy to setup and small footprint :)