Wiggy's vs ???

gearguywb

WKR
I have a great WM down bag but thought I would add a synthetic bag with more room for times that I am not worried about weight.

Currently in Grand Junction, and had pretty much made up my mind to grab a Wiggy's while I am here. Went to their office/mfg facility this afternoon. Lets just say that the reception caused me to leave without even looking at the products let alone purchasing anything.

What other synthetic bags should I be taking a look at? Kifaru, Nemo, etc.

Wiggy makes a good bag. It is warm but heavy.

But their customer service leaves a lot to be desired

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Phaseolus

WKR
Yup, Dealing with Jerry Wigutow in person will make a sane person buy anything but a Wiggy’s.

Lando

WKR
I have never went to the store in person, but have always had great experiences buying online from Wiggy's. You won't find a better deal on a Climashield bag than his bags that are on sale and they're bullet proof from a quality standpoint.

Tossing in a few thoughts from my recent search.

Wiggys is bomb proof and cheap but most of it is quite heavy. Car camping type heavy.

I went on a mission to upgrade on my 20* synthetic bag a couple of years ago. I am a bigger guy so I was looking for shoulder room and something that worked for side sleeping.

I was a longtime north face cats meow guy but they have gotten slimmer with each generation over the last 25 years, even though I weigh the same. I bought a monte bell with a stretchy spiral baffle. I wasn’t quite happy with the shoulder room so I ordered up an EE convert. It was good but left something to be desired - not as long/wide as I expected.

After more research I was about to pull the trigger on a kifaru slick bag. I happened to be at REI and sas a Nemo forte and tried it out. Fairly light, pretty good shoulder room, massive leg room. If you are a side sleeper, definitely look at Nemo. Their bag shape and design is the best I have seen for side sleeping.

I alternate between the EE convert and the forte for trips from 50* down to about 20*. The forte is warmer, has a hood and is a bit lighter. The convert opens up better for warmer weather and still gives me the option to zip up partially or fully if it’s cold. If I had to pick between the two, I’d take the forte.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The kifaru slick bags are good, I used a north face cats meow on a goat hunt this year, it was surprisingly nice for the price of the bag, I had no trouble staying warm and drying out wet layers down by my feet through the night. It wasn’t as comfortable as my western mountaineering bag but it wasn’t bad at all.

OP
G

gearguywb

WKR
Maybe they had some covid problems?

Don't see how that plays into anything. Shop was open for business. Employees working. No one was wearing a mask.

I truly get it. They may make a great product, and that is their expertise......sometimes small business owners, like everyone else, are simply not good at everything. In this case it was (potential) customer service.

Frankly, I was looking forward to checking their stuff out, thats why I looked them up and went by with my wife. My expectations in that kind of a situation are (IMHO) not that tough to reach. Hello....what can I help you with? This is our XXXX. Interested in purchasing one.

Pretty simple really

Phaseolus

WKR
Maybe, never met the man but I enjoy my 3 wiggys bags. Warm and very roomy. For what I paid for them they are hard to beat.
My aversion to Wiggy’s stems from jerry not honoring a warranty issue, something he told me to my face was one of the best reasons for buying his products. Once a man proves himself to be a liar to me face to face he is forever shrouded. Not only did he lie but he was a real asshole while doing so. Apparently this is common with him.

*zap*

WKR
I get it, I have talked to him a few times on the phone. All his bags that I have I purchased slightly used.

Wrench

WKR
I bought a bag from Jerry 20 years ago. I was pretty sure he was the most arrogant SOB I'd ever meet.

Sounds like he's still holding the title.