Wild Sheep Society of BC fund raiser

tuffcity

WKR
Also posted in the "General" forum.

The “Wild Sheep Society of British Columbia” is holding their annual convention and fund raiser March 14 & 15 in Kelowna, BC.

Kelowna is located in the middle of the Okanagan Valley (wine central!) and easily accessible from Idaho and Washington state (hint, hint, for all you sheep enthusiasts close to the border). Kelowna also has an international airport with daily flights (Westjet) to/from numerous places in California, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, and more.

Please have a look at our website: http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

Check out our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WSSOBC

Our convention page is at: http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/Convention.html
Live auction items will be coming online soon.

If you can help us keep "putting more sheep on the mountain" we'd appreciate the support!

Any questions please feel free to PM me.

Richard

OP
tuffcity

tuffcity

WKR
Thanks Bob! Appreciate the fb support.
If I see any 'slide logo gear on the Friday social I'll buy the wearer a beverage. :)

RC

OP
tuffcity

tuffcity

WKR
Depends how I get up there. Definitely encouraging people to bring what they have if they can! :)

Well I just got the latest WSSOBC newsletter, and to my surprise I see Arons name listed as one of the guest speakers at this years show...... This is the first time in the last ten that I won't be able to make it to the show and I'm missing a good one.

Buster

WKR
Our local club night is on the same weekend, and the wife is up for a couple awards. Hopefully I can get out that way next year. Aron will have to make a repeat appearance.

OP
tuffcity

tuffcity

WKR
One more bump for the convention this weekend! :) Heading out in the morning, hope to see some 'sliders there.

RC

yama49

Lil-Rokslider
How was the turnout? I heard they were having a hard time selling tickets this year.

Was about 260-270, was still a blast.. If wanna see any changes go to WSS site and fill out questionnaire. Looking at ways to make it better, if they can. I know you cant please everyone, but maybe they will get some good feedback that works for more people

OP
tuffcity

tuffcity

WKR
Definitely share your thoughts via the survey! We had about a 50% turn-in from the paper ones left on the tables- which is pretty good but more is better! We had quite a few last minute registrations this year, which adds to the logistical fun. :)

RC

Buster

WKR
Is Kelowna going to be the location for it every year? 9-10 hours on winter roads is the major reason I didn't attend. Might have to see about getting a crew to carpool for a weekend road trip from the east kootenays.

OP
tuffcity

tuffcity

WKR
That is part of the questionnaire. I guess if it was to be really central then PG would be the spot, then everybody would have a long way to drive- but that doesn't help you out. It's almost one of those damned if you do situations, maybe held a bit later in the spring would help people out? Fill in a survey! :) https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WSSBC_Convention_2014_Questionnaire

RC

Last edited:
OP
tuffcity

tuffcity

WKR
Enjoy the Dall hunt! Haven't seen some one that happy and excited in a long time. :)

See you next year.

Buster

WKR
Just filled out the portions that applied to me. Probably a pretty slim chance that the "other" column that I picked and filled in Cranbrook for the location will come true. I fully understand that the majority are a lot further west of me, and it's hard to please the whole province of BC. From the looks of the survey, it sounds like there were a lot of great speakers and topics.