Wild Things Clothing

edg1967

WKR
I realize I should be posting this under the Clothing Forum, but figured it would get a little more exposure here. I'm wondering about this clothing line and what others have experienced. I'm particularly interested in their wind layers like the Chicago or the Tactical version in Multicam. Are they somewhat breathable? How wind & water resistant? Pros & Cons?

Ray

WKR
I bought one of their quilted hooded jackets. It has primaloft. I have had it out in falling snow a few times, and a windy day once. It works well. Kept me warm but not too hot.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought 2 items from this company a month ago and have been wearing them shed hunting.
#1 The custom Mt jacket. This jacket is very lightweight, breathable, sheds constant rain for hours, but will eventually leak through and has an athletic fit.

#2 The wind pro hoody. This is highly wind resistant, warm and again atheltic cut.

The designs are well made, and being able to add custom features/pockets and such is a nice item to have to customize your gear. Overall I am satisfied with these items.

P3150729_zpse39b992c.jpg

P3150726_zps56718b79.jpg

P3150725_zpsada74c63.jpg

shooten

FNG
I bought the Wild Thing Tactical Wind Shirt last year before I went to Alaska. I wanted a lite weight, compressible rain jacket for the short hikes that we took on the trip. It fits inside a quart ziplock bag and worked very well in light to medium rains that we experienced. I keep it in my car bag these days for the rare rain day we get when I'm out either fishing or backpacking. It's been good kit for me. I bought the coyote brown, not the multi-cam.

http://www.wildthingsgear.com/wt-tactical/products/wind-layer/windshirt-wt-1-0.html?color=multicam

I have a wind pro hoody and I really like it. I am not sure that it will go on my kit for hunts, but I have been using it for work and daily use and I find myself grabbing it over many other similar layers. The cut actually seems a little big to me. I am usually in between Xl and L and the XL i have seems a little too loose for a jacket that usually doesn't go over many layers. Not sure I would call it athletic fit, more true to size. Gotta love that it is made in America, and can be customized!

OP
E

edg1967

WKR
I ended up finding a windshirt and pants on ebay for $50 each last night and am going to give them a try.