Wilderness and mental health

squirrel

WKR
Being solo in the wilderness and guiding are about as far apart as can be imagined while being in the same physical place... I'm guessing you will be either REALLY good at it or spectacularly bad, my money is on the latter. Find something to do where you own your job, and can do it yourself or almost so. If you can find one in the woods even better. Do you like animals? Have any aptitude there? (Taking a billy club to them is NOT training them!)

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
Being solo in the wilderness and guiding are about as far apart as can be imagined while being in the same physical place... I'm guessing you will be either REALLY good at it or spectacularly bad, my money is on the latter. Find something to do where you own your job, and can do it yourself or almost so. If you can find one in the woods even better. Do you like animals? Have any aptitude there? (Taking a billy club to them is NOT training them!)
We will see

Any update BeastOTT? Your original question prompted me.... I just heard a ketamine therapist describe her work and the difference between ketamine and psilocybin. She stressed that ketamine leads one to examine one's own thoughts VS. Psilocybin 's "big picture" outlook. While psilocybin in a macro dose can lead to feelings of universality, big mind-blowing spiritual awakening or connectivity; ketamine leads you to examine your own personal stresses and reactions to them. She described ketamine as very inward- looking VS. the outward seeking/connectivity experience of psilocybin.
Just thought I would share this difference in these emerging therapies for those interested.

Quite a few of my fellow Marines changed their lives with shrooms and or ayahuasca. Went from having no quality of life nor family connections to "cured" for lack of a better term. A Long weekend did more than a decade of VA drugs and therapy

I know some vets have done a heroic trip and had a trip guide and some vets micro dose. My friend did a large dose and sat alone in the woods for awhile and it kicked his alcohol addiction. Mushrooms in high enough dose will help rewire your brain for sure and there is lots of studies that would back that up.

OP should definitely consider this alternative treatment and see some guidance from someone who's a counselor and open minded enough to suggest such a treatment

I know of numerous stories that mirror this from guys I served with. I wish I were able to do the same but my career path wont allow it.

Spend some time reading up on it and figuring out what needs to be done. There are groups out there that specificially help treat Vets with alternative methods and the treatments are generally a 1 and done